Chapter Fourteen: A Peaceful Day

Please enjoy the music above while you read this chapter. The music that'll be playing is called "Morning" composed by Toshio Masuda. 

----

As Kotaro and Noel were cleaning, Kotaro could hear the doors cringing. He knew who was there. It was his parents. They came back from work. He felt a bit afraid. The first reason, he wasn't asleep. The next reason was Noel. He didn't know how to introduce his parents to Noel. Kotaro overheard their conversation through the other side of the door. "Kotaro, we're home!" his mom called. No response.

"Shh.., Kotaro should be sleeping right now, honey!" his dad advised.

"No, he probably is cleaning his room. I always tell him to clean his room, but he never listens to me. I wonder why he has his homework on the floor."

"He's just growing up, honey!"

"Well, let's go check on him then!" his mom suggested. Kotaro could hear his parent's footsteps, walking closer to his room. Their hands touched the doorknob. They opened the door. "Kotaro, we're home!" Amanda announced. Kotaro gasped. Amanda spotted Noel. "Kotaro? Who's this?" she asked. Kotaro tried explaining everything, but his mom ignored him and commented Noel. "Oh, who are you? You're very lovely! Are you Kotaro's girlfriend?" Kyle Wilson joined his wife, talking to Noel.

"Oh, Amanda, I think she's makes a good wife for Kotaro. Don't you think?" Kyle said. Amanda nodded her head. Kotaro's face started turning red. He couldn't believe at a time like this, everything ended like this. Why is this happening to me, Kotaro thought. The least thing he wanted to happen just occurred to him. Life was sometimes too cruel. "Oh, look at him, he's too embarrassed to tell us that he's got a girlfriend!"

"Um, if I can ask, can I stay here?" Noel asked, nicely. Both Kyle and Amanda looked at Noel. Noel was really shy. She didn't want Kotaro's parents to refuse.

Together, Amanda and Kyle, said together, "Oh, sure you can! Stay as long as you can!" Noel smiled gracefully. "By the way, what's your name?"

"I'm Noel Natsuki!"

"Oh, please, you may call me, Amanda!" Amanda shook Noel's hand. "This is my husband, Kyle, and I think you know my son, Kotaro."

"Where will I sleep, Miss Amanda?" Noel asked.

"Kotaro, show your girlfriend her room." Amanda told Kotaro. Kotaro did what she said. He showed Noel her room. When Kotaro showed Noel her room, Noel went to take a look in her room.

"What do you think?" he asked.

Noel turned around, and she smiled. "It's perfect! Especially this bed, it's beautiful!" Noel answered. "Well, Kotaro, good night!" Noel slept in her new bed, fast asleep within seconds. Kotaro watched her sleep. He chuckled a little. She sleeps like a little baby, Kotaro thought. Noel curled up into a ball. Kotaro wrapped her around with the blankets. He headed back to his room, fully cleaned room.

He looked at the sky through his windows. The only thing he saw was the stars and the moon, the big, round moon soaring in the sky. It looked like he was fallen in a trance by looking at the moon. "Hmph, the moon is still beautiful! Well, I guess I'll go to sleep!" Kotaro laid on his bed before he went to sleep. He looked up the ceiling. "What will happened if I didn't save Noel?" he wondered. He didn't want to think of the possibilities. At last, he closed his eyes.

The next morning, January 4, 1999, six o'clock in the morning. Kotaro felt his body shaking. He opened his eyes. Noel was waking him up. "Come on, Kotaro, let's go to school!" she said. Jeez, what is she? My new alarm clock, Kotaro thought. "You don't want to be late, don't you?"