Chapter Two: Daily Activities Part One

While Kotaro was hanging out with his friends and Noel and Skarlet were playing in the arcade, the others that Kotaro met in Densetsu also had some activities in Densetsu. The Shrine of the Gods was often inhabited by monsters. As long as they didn't cause trouble, Maya didn't mind their presence as it brought her company to the shrine. She swept the floors as usual.

Then came a black-white magician soaring in the skies. She landed safely on the shrine, her broom creating massive dust around the radius. "Ay, Maya, how's it goin'?" said Melissa, the dust clearing away.

"Do you always have to introduce yourself like that?" Maya argued.

"Yeah, of course! It shows my uniqueness!" Melissa replied. The shrine maiden growled. Melissa picked up her witch hat off the ground that was dropped from her landing. She used her hat to wipe off all of the dust off of her. "Man, he should be here right now..."

"Who? Your boyfriend?" Maya teased.

"He's not my boyfriend!" Melissa argued. Maya hid a smirk behind as she continued sweeping. It was now the black-white magician's turn to growl. "Hey, I know you're smirking behind that sweeping!"

"Sorry that I was late, I was doing some important business!" said a male voice. A man's shadow blocked Melissa's shadow. Melissa turned around. He carried a grimoire around, slightly taller than both Maya and Melissa. "What were you and Maya talking about?"

Melissa approached closely to the man. Both their azure eyes met. "You're late, Alex!" she noted. Alex's face turned crimson. He moved a few steps back.

"And you're...you're near my comfort zone!" Alex responded. Maya kept a straight face as she listened to the both talking. Alex turned away from Melissa, hiding his face behind his book. "A-Anyway, to a magic shop, correct? You said you're looking forward to make a potion?"

The black-white magician patted on Alex's back. "Yep, let's get going!" Melissa said, "Oh before we go, I have this for you, Maya!"

Melissa gave Maya the latest newspaper. "Straight from the Rhapsody Town News!" Both Alex and Melissa started floating in the sky before they went flying off together. Maya continued sweeping the floors. It was lonely here, but the shrine maiden didn't mind. She preferred the peace now and then.

"Those two... Alex is always shy towards Melissa, yet Melissa doesn't know!" Maya commented. She stopped and took a look at the latest news. Her eyes rolled from left and right as she continued reading the news. "Hmm... a human turning into a dragon, okay? A runaway prince, oh sad!"

Maya stopped reading. "You can stop the sneaking. I know you're there!" Maya said. A shadowy figure appeared behind Maya. The shrine maiden sighed, "Don't think I didn't noticed you. Your presence is too obvious!"

"Forgive me, shrine maiden. I am simply waiting for Kotaro, nothing more," Ranai informed.

"Yeah, I know that!" Maya replied, "He's strong..."

"Indeed," the ninja agreed. Birds flew in the skies, and small mammals began roaming around the shrine. Songs of birds removed the silence, and the shrine maiden chucked a piece of nut at a two-tailed squirrel. "That isn't very nice to that squirrel. You never know if it turned into a youkai and seek revenge."

Maya relaxed her back on the floors of the shrine. "I don't care. I'll just exterminate and teach it a lesson for messing with the shrine maiden."

Maya stared at the blue skies soon turning orange. A flying human figure seemed to be coming towards the shrine. "Oh, it seems we have a visitor!" Maya noticed. She stood up and awaited for the flyer to land. The person flying the skies became clearer the closer they went to the shrine. Maya easily identified the flyer by concentrating on her Ǝnergie.