Chapter 8.1: A Regular Mage

WARNING: This chapter might contain some spoilers, so I'm giving you a warning. This is just a "filler" chapter. In this chapter, it'll talk about Melissa's backstory for those who just want to know the characters already, well here you go. 

Melissa Kujo, a regular mage, a friend of the Shrine Maiden of the Gods, Maya, and the daughter of famous Kujo Family. She loves reading a tons of books, and she solely desires to become one of the best magicians in the world. The Kujo Family were mainly known for chemistry. Melissa used that advantage and created numerous of potions. 

She would find anything interesting, and then often turning them into potions. Aside from that, Melissa had taught herself magic, learning magic the hard way. She often cheats when fighting against her opponents. Melissa has made many friends. There were two people in which Melissa considers her best friend, one of them, Maya, and the other, Alex. Maya was the Shrine Maiden of the Gods. The two had been friends ever since Melissa was a little child while Maya was a teen.

Alex, on the other hand, was a human just like Melissa. The two met when they were just kids. Melissa ran away from home because she was mad. She wished her parents were never her parents. Then she became lost in a forest she wasn't aware of. Melissa lied next to a tree, crying to herself. It was then she met a boy whose name was Alex.

"Hey, why are you crying?" Alex asked. Melissa looked up at Alex with a sad face. She tried wiping off some of the tears on her face. "Hi, my name is Alex Kendall! What's your name?" he introduced himself to Melissa, giving her a smile. 

Melissa wiped off all the tears on her. She finally stopped crying. "I-I'm Melissa Kujo," she answered, answering very nervously. Alex smiled, and he picked her up from the ground. He hold onto her hand. Alex wanted to show Melissa something amazing, something that might entertain her. Alex made her follow him. "Wait, where are we going?"

Alex stopped moving. He turned to face her. "I want to show you something awesome!" he answered. Melissa nodded her head. Alex took Melissa to his home. It was then she found out Alex was nothing more than a orphan, living all by himself. "Watch this!" he said. "Haa! Summon Skill: Pony!" Melissa was intrigued Alex was using magic. He summoned a pony. The pony was alive, moving like an actual being. 

Melissa clapped her hands. "Cool!" she praised Alex. "Can I ride on it?"

"Sure!" Alex insisted. Melissa rode on the pony. The pony started moving slowly. This was how the two met each other, and they both became best friends. Alex was Melissa's first friend. He was someone who Melissa can always trust on. 

How she met Maya was one of the most precious memories Melissa would always keep inside her heart. Meeting Maya, her father was a friend with Maya's mother, Chiyo. This was before Maya became the next Shrine Maiden of the Gods. Apparently, her father used to be a magician, but now he's been retired. Like Melissa, her father was known to work with Chiyo as the two were partners when solving an incident. As usual, Chiyo always took the credit from Melissa's father. 

This time, Chiyo also brought her daughter to meet Melissa's father. Melissa came to see who her father was talking. Obviously, it was Chiyo, but then Melissa saw another girl who was much older than Melissa. There was another girl aside Chiyo. Melissa walked towards the girl. That girl was later Melissa's best friend, Maya, the next Shrine Maiden of the Gods. "Who are you?" Melissa asked.

"Who are you?" she asked, impolitely. Melissa stepped away from the girl. Chiyo lightly smacked her own daughter in the head. "Okay, mom! I'm Maya,"

"I'm Melissa," she replied back to Maya. This was how the two met. Melissa became older while Maya remained the same age due to her lifespan. It was until Melissa was thirteen years old, she left her family to do things on her own. It wasn't easy for her. Luckily, she had Alex's help. With his summoning powers, he was able to help Melissa build a home for her. "Thank you, Alex! I'm so glad I can depend on you," Melissa praised Alex. Alex was always glad to help her whenever she needed it.

Alex has grown to Melissa. Melissa has always treated him as an older brother, but she never knew how much Alex devoted his life to her. Alex hid his feelings to Melissa. His own love interest was Melissa, the girl who he first met at that forest. Surprisingly, Melissa still doesn't know he loves her. He wanted to wait for the right time, so he can confess his true feelings for Melissa. This was the backstory of Melissa Kujo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you've truly enjoyed my story, A Beautiful Day! Please don't forget to vote and comment what you think of my story, I really appreciated it! I know I'm not really good at writing a story, so please do give me some feedback if you see some minor mistakes!