Chapter Seven: The Darkest Day

Shin couldn't wait any longer. He wanted to help his friend right now. He was getting too impatient now. He decided to do this on his own. He flew away from the shrine. Shin decided to confront Tori himself. Suddenly, he stopped, spotting a kitsune was in his way. "What do you want? I'm in a hurry!"

"You are Shin, correct?" Kyūryu asked.

"Yeah, and what do you want from me? I'm going to stop my friend no matter what!" Shin walked past through Kyūryu. Kyūryu stopped him by touching his shoulders. She wouldn't let him pass.

"Wait! I'll go with you." Kyūryu said. This was what Yuuki Nohara told her to do. To come with Shin and stop Seika's plan. "My master said I must go with you. We must stop Seika's plan before things gets much worse than before!"

Shin was too stubborn. He believe she was nothing more but a burden to him. He wanted to do this alone, saving his best friend was priority for Shin. "Fine, if you can beat me in a fight, then you can come with me! If I win, you're staying!" Shin insisted. He didn't want anybody else to get involved with his problems.

"Deal," Shin started attacking Kyūryu by swinging his right arm at her. Kyūryu let go of his shoulders, quickly pushing him away from her. Shin began shooting barrages of energy balls at Kyūryu. Kyūryu took a deep breath. She tried to stay calm. Yuuki remembered telling her about the patterns of these energy balls shooting at her. She went in her soliloquy state. "Okay, Kyūryu, remember what Yuuki said about situations like this!"

She tried remembering Yuuki's teachings about bullet patterns. He told her, he learned the pattern by watching the Shrine Maiden's fight. From word he said, Okay, Kyūryu, when your opponent starts shooting the bullets, you must know about the patterns. Every bullet has its pattern, and their own way to be dodged. You must analyzed the size of the bullet, just to make sure you're able to go through the bullet size. You must also calculate the speed of the bullets, that also comes useful because you're able to outspeed the bullets.

Kyūryu took his advice. She analyzed Shin's bullets. There were medium size, about the circumference of ten. They weren't moving too fast, nor were they moving too slow. She finished analyzing Shin's pattern. Kyūryu found the weak spot of Shin's shooting. I found the weak spot. I just need to go through the middle while dodging from left and right, Kyūryu thought. She flew straight through the middle at Shin.

Shin continued shooting bullets at her. He wondered why she was moving right into him. What is she doing? Is she trying to kill herself, Shin thought. Within a blink of an eye, Kyūryu was already in front of him. Shin flinched for a moment, unable to react fast enough.

"Attack Skill: Kyuubi Signer: Nine Gates of Trial!" Suddenly, Kyūryu had already grown nine-tails. On each end of the tails, they were shining gold. She started shaping into an orb. Kyūryu began crashing into Shin within that orb form. They both landed on the ground, with Shin injured badly, and Kyūryu, the victor of this fight. She grabbed him by his neck. "I won, now we're going to stop Seika together!"

"Fine, let's go....." Shin stood up. Kyūryu let go of Shin, giving him some space to breath. "Jeez, you are way too strong for me to handle......Who are you anyway?"

"Names do not matter...." Kyūryu retorted.

"Sure they do, that's what makes one trust the other." Shin countered. He made a good point. Kyūryu had no choice but introduced her name to Shin. Those words reminded her of Tou.

"Fine, my name is Kyūryu. I'm just a shikigami, nothing special about it." Kyūryu introduced herself. She acted like she didn't exist, someone who wasn't that special.