Chapter Eight: The Exam Begins

The next day, where the exams begin, Tou and Rocky were finished studying for the upcoming exams. They were prepared for whatever the exams awaited for them. The two walked to school together, just another normal day without the problems of Densetsu. They both spotted Ging already at the school. It was one of those rare times when Ging arrived at school they did.

Rocky waved his hand at Ging, displaying a bright smile on his face. "Ging, are you ready to the exams?" Rocky asked. Ging nodded his head. They couldn't wait for the exams to end quickly. It was just another day they wanted to finish with. It seem Noel was the late one this time. The three waited for Noel's arrival at school.

After a few minutes had passed, they saw Noel coming in late. She seem to be walking with someone along the way. Tou was very curious who that person was. He bet it was a friend of Noel that she became friends with. As Noel and this other person came closer to Tou and the others, the three were able to catch a clear view of the person who was walking with Noel.

It was none other than Trey Grouper. They knew who he was. They knew him as Sarah Dorman's boyfriend. Trey was a football, an athlete one. "Why is Noel walking together with that guy?" Rocky questioned. Tou shrugged. No one knew.

Noel finally reached Tou and the others with Trey. "Thanks, Trey!" Noel praised.

"No problem, Noel! I'll see you on the exams! I hope you pass them!" Trey said.

Tou, Rocky, and Ging gawked at Noel, noticing Trey seem to have feelings for Noel. They had nothing to say to Noel. I thought Trey is Sarah's boyfriend, Tou thought. Noel noticed the three were giving her odd looks. "Why are you guys looking at me like that?" Noel asked. Tou, Rocky, and Ging quickly stopped gawking at Noel, closing their mouths afterwards.

The school bell rang. It was time for everyone to enter in class. Noel quickly went inside Mr. Willcocks's classroom before Tou did. Tou decided to talk to his friends before he entered his class. Upon entering her first class, she saw Mr. Willcocks. She greeted him by saying, Good Morning. Mr. Willcocks greeted her back. Surprising, he didn't yell at her like he did to Tou. It seemed he had some attachment with Tou, always yelling at him every single day. "Noel....."

"Hmm? What is it?" Noel wondered.

"Do you want to hear who my favorite student is?" Mr. Willcocks asked. Noel pondered on that. She hope she would be his favorite student.

"Sure! Am I the favorite one?" she guessed. Mr. Willcocks shakes his head. It wasn't her at all. She frowned, disappointed she wasn't the favorite one. She continued guessing who Mr. Willcocks's favorite student was. Every one of the student's name she answered was all wrong. There's only one name Noel didn't say, and that was Tou. It couldn't be Tou because Mr. Willcocks kept yelling. She had two left. It was between Mimi Yukihara or Sarah Dorman. "Is it Mimi Yukihara?" He shaked his head. It wasn't even her either, Tou's crush. Noel heard Mimi was most of the teacher's favorite student. "Hmph, that must be Sarah Dorman!" Noel finally answered.

Mr. Willcocks smacked Noel's table. "Wrong again!" Mr. Willcocks yelled. Noel frowned. None of the students were his favorite. "There's one more you didn't say."

"I know, but he's definitely not your favorite! You always yell at him!" Noel said. Mr. Willcocks started laughing. Noel looked at him. "Why are you laughing?"

"Because that's why he's my favorite student! You're the only student that I told who my favorite student is. I believe he'll pass this exam! He is my favorite student after all!" Mr. Willcocks answered. Noel was shocked. The only person she hadn't answered, Tou Thao, the student who Mr. Willcocks continuously yelled at, was this teacher's favorite student. She thought he probably liked Tou because Mr. Willcocks always enjoyed yelling at Tou.