Chapter Twelve: Another Match

Joe spotted everyone; to his left, he saw Kotaro, Kyūryu, Ranai, and Noel; to his right, he saw Lulu, Victoria, Tao Ying, Miharu, and Gouki; in front of him, he was in battle with Maya and Melissa; from behind, it was Fuuko all alone. They were all ready to strike in all direction. But, Joe locked his eyes onto Noel. She wore the wedding dress he gifted her.

He breathed heavily. His shoulders moved up and down as he continued to breath, alongside his eyebrows narrowed. He put up a grin, a disturbing grin. "You're wearing your wedding dress, I see!"

Noel summoned her bow before aiming right at him. "Oh, so my bride wishes to kill me?"

"I have to say, you're a creep!" Kotaro commented. Joe turned his attention to Kotaro. "Yeah, you don't even know her. How are you sure if she even wants your heart? You don't force love to people, you create them!"

"Oh, but I know Noel more than you do!" Joe replied.

"Try me!" Noel insisted.

Joe coughed. "Noel's favorite food? Fish, cake, and most importantly, sweets. Food that she hates? She doesn't vegetables!"

"Those are the basics! Try even harder ones!" Kotaro said.

"Fine then, as you wish! Noel hates being alone, and she--,"

"Okay, okay, that's enough! No more information about me!" Noel said. She sighed. He knows so much about me! How long has he been watching me? Noel thought.

Joe laughed. "You see? Noel and I are meant to be! I love Noel, and she'll learn how to love me!"

Kotaro groaned, disagreeing. His fists clenched tightly. Suddenly, it began emitting in a red aura. "Would you shut up about love? I don't want to hear your creepy love for Noel! Because if anything, you're trying to force your love to Noel. A love that she won't share the same to you!"

He stepped forward. "Look, creep, in fantasy, she may love you. In the real world, that doesn't happen. This is reality, after all."

Joe growled, not one bit he liked Kotaro's word. Something about his entire presence was infuriating and irritating. Joe asked, "You?! Just who do you think you are?!"

"Oh me? Just an outsider involved with incidents!" Kotaro answered. He turned his head to the shrine maiden. "Hey, Maya! Leave this fight all on me! You've done enough on your part. Cause now it's my turn!"

Maya lowered her weapon. "Yeah, sure, go ahead! Be my guest," she responded, "But if you lose, we're going back to square one!"

"Oh, we don't want to go back to square one! We're going to stay in square two," Kotaro replied. He charged forward, his fist readied. Joe descended and ran towards Kotaro.

One giant step forward, Kotaro launched his red fist straight to Joe. Joe done the same, aiming for the head. Noel, I'm going to use up all of your Ǝnergie for this fight. Because from this day on, I vow to use my own abilities in battle, Kotaro thought. He focused Noel's Ǝnergie onto himself, depleting every single of Noel's Ǝnergie. All of Joe's attack became predictable. Quickly, Kotaro moved his head aside from the upcoming punch. He countered with his own crimson fists--aiming for the stomach.

A single strike to the stomach caused the ground to shake for a moment. The crimson hand sent Joe flying to the buildings from behind. Dust covered the road ahead. Joe's shadow slowly revealed itself through the dusty wind. One of his hands laid on his stomach. He made grunting noises along the way.

"Where did you get this power?" Joe wondered. He smiled, but he couldn't keep the smile for so long. Kotaro's punch caused him to focus more on the devastating pain. "This power... your power... I want it for my own!"

Kotaro gestured his hand, waving it. "Come and get it if you dare!" Joe grinned. He charged towards Kotaro. A fresh of air was let out from Kotaro. The enemy went on throwing his fist at Kotaro, but Kotaro was able to see through them. Each attack was predictable in every way, moving slow within his sight of view.

Kotaro grabbed hold of one of Joe's punches. He pushed Joe away with only his palm. Then, he jumped high in the air and attempting a mighty kick to the stomach. Joe's body slided away on the ground, but he quickly recovered that attack.

Kotaro's fists glowed red. The scarlet hue within Kotaro's fist shined brighter than before. The ground shook, creating a radius around Kotaro. "Eat this!"

He readied his fist, packing another powerful punch. The fist flew straight into Joe's face. The impact caused both Kotaro and Joe to be blown from the spot. Roads shattered apart, including buildings from aside being destroyed into pieces.

Kotaro's entire body went flying in the air. Ranai quickly supported Kotaro, grabbing him before he fell to the ground. If the ninja's presence wasn't there, the fall would've been fatal for Kotaro. As for Joe, he hit the ground which caused a hole imprinted where he was. Joe was unable to move his body, yet he could still talk and breathe.

"I don't... believe it! Why? Why, someone like you, is able to defeat me? I had more experience, I was once even called a hero! This doesn't make sense!" Joe panted. He tried clenching his fist, yet his hand was too weak.

Lying flat on the ground, Joe saw an upside-down Maya approaching by. "Shrine maiden, you can answer my question, can't you? After all, I am the one who gave you the name, Shrine Maiden of the Gods."

Maya stared at the beaten Joe with fierce eyes. "You abandon the most important thing... peace."

Joe raised his eyebrows. "Peace?"

"You always said if everyone could learn how to understand, they have to learn peace. Where's that peace you had in mind?" Maya explained. Joe stared at the blue skies. "Instead, you corrupt yourself with darkness."

Joe had enough strength to stand up. Kotaro stood the opposite of him. "You ready for round three? I'm not giving up until you give up!" Kotaro confronted.

Joe scoffed, "This won't be over! But, I'm already out of Ǝnergie..." He turned around before filling smoke around his surroundings. Kotaro rushed towards Joe. The smoke was too dense and difficult to see into. When the smoke depleted, the same went for Joe. He had escaped.

Kotaro clenched his fist. Noel came to his side and calmed him. She gave out a lovely smile. "Let's go back and celebrate, okay?" Noel insisted.

Kotaro nodded. It was a tough battle for Kotaro. Maya had seen it all. His powers are developing, Maya thought, the longer he stays in this world, he'll gain even more Ǝnergie into him. Hopefully, he'll use it for good deeds and doesn't end up like Joe Jones.

------------------------

Like I said, these chapters have changed drastically. I hope I don't confuse many of you readers. With these new content, I plan on changing more and more of the Beautiful Day stories. This is before I publish the half of the Beautiful Day, books#5-9. B-Day#9 will be the end of the Beautiful Day.