Chapter One: Unreachable Message

Laughter came out of nowhere. Slowly opening his eyes, Kotaro found himself in a bright, white room. His eyes met a boy. He recalled that boy before. During the time when he fought against that ogre, Kotaro met that boy.

"Who are you?" Kotaro asked with curiosity. The boy replied with a giggle. "Hmm? What's so funny?" he asked, unaware what's so funny. The boy walked away from Kotaro. Kotaro chased after the boy, not having his answer. "Hey, wait up!"

The boy walked faster than Kotaro. Kotaro tried running after the boy, but no matter how fast he went, the boy moved much faster than him. He couldn't catch up to the mysterious boy. Kotaro kept running forward, searching for the mysterious boy. He was very curious about that boy. Moving forward, the whole entire turned darker and darker- so dark, Kotaro wasn't to see where he was going.

His face hit something, causing him to fall down. "Ow, what was that?" Kotaro whimpered. There was nothing in front of him. He reached his arm out, but he felt nothing. "What is this?" he wondered. The boy appeared in front of Kotaro. Kotaro was finally able to speak to the mysterious boy. "H-Hey, you haven't answered my question earlier!"

The boy replied with a wave on his hand, leaving a joyful giggle. The ground changed into a pitched-black hole. Kotaro began falling down from the depths of the hole.

All Kotaro could hear is the laughter the boy left. His voice became more and more sinister. Kotaro stared at the boy while falling down. He noticed the boy's appearance was changing. When the boy finally finished morphing, Kotaro saw the boy changed into Yuuki Nohara. Kotaro wasn't sure what to say anymore. The back of his head hit something.

Kotaro opened his eyes, and he rose at one-hundred eighty degree angle. He looked around his whereabouts, seeing Rocky, Noel, Yuyuko, Gouki, Maya, and lastly, Yuuki surrounding him. "Yo, what happened with you?" Rocky asked. Kotaro tilted his head a little in confusion. "You were shaking like crazy, yelling out your own name!"

"I-I was?" Kotaro replied. Rocky nodded his head. Kotaro chuckled, realizing it was all a dream. That mysterious boy was nothing more but a phantom in his dreams. But, he couldn't understand why Yuuki Nohara was also in his dreams. Kotaro sighed in relief, "It must've been a terrible dream then!"

"You mean nightmare?" Rocky corrected.

"Right....a nightmare...." Kotaro corrected himself. Kotaro glanced over at Yuuki. He noticed Yuuki had his back on him, not looking at him like the others were. Why was he in my dreams, Kotaro thought. He stood up from the bed sheet inside of the shrine. He remembered what happened before he collapsed. Gouki was a psycho killer, but Kotaro came to his senses.

After that, Noel and the others transported him back to the shrine by using Yuuki's boundaries. They've awaited for Kotaro to fully recover. They guessed Kotaro became too tired upon stopping Gouki.

"Kotaro, I would like to thank you!" Yuyuko praised. Kotaro wasn't sure how to react. He remembered the time Yuyuko pledged him to become her husband, but he assumed that was just a joke. Yuyuko glanced at Noel. She moved closer to Noel's ears. "Noel, what are you waiting for? Confess your love to him right now!" she insisted while whispering into Noel's ears.

Noel's face glowed red as soon as Yuyuko finished whispering to her ears. She knows, Noel thought. Yuyuko left Noel a sinister giggle. "Gouki, let's go back home!" she ordered. Gouki followed Yuyuko from behind. The two was surrounded by butterflies before vanishing. The Moon was still in the sky. Kotaro was glad to see the Moon once more.

Yuuki immediately created a portal for Kotaro, Rocky, and Noel. "I believe you guys should be heading back to the Outside World!" Yuuki mentioned. Kotaro, Rocky, and Noel entered inside Yuuki's portal. Yuuki watched them head over to the other side of Densetsu. He closed the portal as soon as the three were already in the Outside World. Yuuki left a sigh of relief.

"Something troubling you?" Maya asked. She noticed Yuuki has become much more indifferent than his usual self. She knew him as the man who always bothered him. This time, he hasn't been acting as himself. Maya already knew something was troubling him, but she preferred this other side of Yuuki. That way, she lived in serene without having Yuuki to bother her all the time in the shrine.

"Let's not talk about it..." he said, leaving a small chuckle behind. He created a portal for himself. "Well, shrine maiden, I'll heading back home. We'll see each other tomorrow!"

Yuuki waved at Maya, slowly entering the portal. Maya growled. "Why don't you just stay in your house and sleep all day?" she complained. Yuuki laughed, taking it as a compliment. He entered his own portal. Maya entered inside her shrine as she head on for a deep slumber for the night.

On the other side of Yuuki's portal, it was all dark, with some visible, purplish aura flying around the dark room. Kyūryu was in the portal, awaiting for his arrival. Kyūryu wore a different clothing from her usual kimono. She wore a blue and light purple dress with symbols on the front. "Where are we going now, Lord Yuuki?"

"Home.....nothing more," Yuuki answered. He created another portal. Through the portal, Kyūryu saw a plain house. The two entered the portal, heading towards the house. "Kyūryu, tomorrow morning.....start cooking! Wake up late, and no dinner for you tonight!"

Kyūryu never refused a single order from Yuuki. No matter how harsh the punishment was, Kyūryu always accepted Yuuki's orders. "Yes, Lord Yuuki!" she agreed as she continued walking to the house. "Um, Lord Yuuki, I have a question!"

"And that is?"

Kyūryu and Yuuki stopped walking. Yuuki looked at Kyūryu boldly. Kyūryu felt a bit anxious talking to Yuuki. "Um, never mind..." she said, feeling nervous to ask him. The two continued walking to the house. Kyūryu remained silent the whole entire time. Entering inside the house, the two went inside their rooms. They both had rooms of their own.

Yuuki lied his back on his bed sheet. His mind wandered off, thinking about someone special. "T-, no...his name is Kotaro, and Kotaro isn't my name! I'm Yuuki Nohara, not Kotaro Nishiki anymore!" he spoke in his soliloquy. His heart rapidly skipped a beat. The more his heart kept pumping blood, he felt more and more frustration for no reason. His teeths grinded upon each other. "Kotaro, please don't ever forget who I am!"

--------

Oh hey, Yuuki's name isn't really Yuuki, instead it's Kotaro Nishiki. Now I know that's going to leave some speculation of what the other Kotaro's real name. Inform me if it's pretty obvious who the other Kotaro's real name. Hmm? Why does Yuuki keep calling Kotaro, T-.... oh, I almost spoiled it! I think this name is pretty obvious, someone is going to be like, "Yeah, I already knew from the start....so cliche," Okay, if you guys know what might happen, comment '1', if you don't, comment '2'. Anyway, don't forget to leave a vote and a comment behind. It'll truly be highly appreciated! Love you all, Ryu out!