Primal Scream

We never did end up with another guitar player. It was only me as an extra but that mainly was because the FBI wanted the leakage, of any info out, to be zero.

In the end the setup would look like, firstly, a Macca gig- Abe, Rust, Paul and Brian with Wix on keyboard. Also, if there was room a double kit- Abe and me. Then John's lineup was me, the guitars would be shuffled to whoever wanted the gig and Abe on the keyboard or guitar. Linda backup on both sets.

The way the opening 'I'm reborn' night would go down was:

Invite heaps of Johns family and friends and musicians he wanted there too.

In a room close by John would do a live television cross with the FBI revealing the whole 5 years was an elaborate ruse to catch the bad guys- which they have, hopefully.

John then ducks across the hall and falls into the room full of friends and family and bedlam ensues.

It was a pretty sure bet the first few nights after this first rebirth would be an anything goes miss mash of music. No concert as such just jamming and fun.

The venue for the first night was our mates place. The servo, out in the sticks not close to town so we wouldn't get flooded with fans and or scary nasty people.

As the big day closed in on us, we all got nervous jitters.

"Just take it easy today, run through the songs you guys want to play. Don't worry bout the setlist of mine or Paul's, lets ham around and turn up the volume" John started off with some 50's fare setting the fast relaxed vibe. As the day wore on we broke away sorting out favourites to preform just like we were the regular house band, in the background of the party.

I took to making dinner at the cottage. I was enjoying the cooking but I was pretty crap, John ate it though. He was such a great guy.

"Taste this, what's wrong with the slop?" I was getting angry throwing the spatula in the sink, then landed heavily in the chair beside him at the dining table, a spoonful of bland stew tasting close to dish water for him to try.

"Lovely"

"You are definitely lying, swallow it" He took a big gulp, hurriedly tossing it down.

"Interesting.... Texture"

"I'm shit at this domestic stuff"

"We can't all be wonderful drummers AND fabulous meal makers"

"So ALL the stuff I have made has been crappy and you ate it. God you're so wonderful" I kissed him.

"Regarding the opening night, Rat" I was tapping the spoon on his arm, but when he called me Rat I stopped and stared. "Yea well I wanted your full attention not half drumming half listening, for this bit of information"

"What am I to be? Outcast? Put aside? Abe to be your prize fighter!?" I stood up waving the spoon around being a dunce.

"Sit down babe, this is important Cat" He turned and looked me in the eye; I was worried, this was going to be extra, extra heavy. "Mrs Ex Lennon will be there"

Whew!

"Is that all. Gee I thought you were inviting the Queen to get your MBE back" I gave him a warm hug. We had been great, I wasn't worried about him and her.

"She has...plans"

"Oh yea, what plans?"

"She ummm wants to get back with me, just for a bit mind you, til the media storm blows over"

"And you're ok with that- cool ok, yep, I'm great too. No problem! I'm just going for a walk on the beach. Yep all cool here" I took off for the beach to let out a good loud scream for my sanity.....

What the hell was I going to do, she is one capable lady, the claws would unfurl and I would be lanced from John.

A clean tidy slice, cut from his life.

Wandering back from the beach, I laughed, I had just preformed a few certifiable primal screams, much like John had back when he was John in real life.

"Better"

"Yes thank-you"

"A good set of lungs you have there"

"Piss off, stop trying to cuddle up to me, I'm angry. Stop it!" He had me in a bear hug as I squirmed and wriggled.

"You know I'm being turned on by all this friction"

"Oh yea drop the big news and want to fix it up with a bit of slap and tickle, do you"

"I hadn't thought of that but now you mention it!" He whipped me round and sat me over his legs smacking my bottom like a naughty school girl, then full on tickling me to pieces.

"John stop!!!"

"Only if you sit with me and chat nicely"

We sat cuddled together on the cane chair on the porch for hours that night. Talking over all his wishes and plans. Where he was going to go when he was back. Where he would live, his plans for music, adventures he would take with the kids. The work with the FBI would continue in a different manner but they would still be keeping tabs in the background.

"Tell me I will be in your life, somewhere, somehow"

"Cat, if you're not there all the time
.. I will not be able to function" He kissed me, the feelings pouring out of him. I relaxed into his body relieved.

"I'm scared I'll lose you. I have you all to myself here and the world will come knocking next week"

"I'm not going anywhere without you Catlyn, nowhere" We made love that night. Us both promising never to be far apart.

The darkness that shrouded us in it's velvet blanket would fall away to the harsh sunlight soon and we had a plan, a pact, a love.