Iron Maiden

Linda arrived dressed and ready to go, her pantsuit was silver with black cut outs "You look great Linda! Paulie's a lucky guy"

"Thanks' huny, I'm sorry we're so late. I put your bag in the cabin, it's Number six by the way.  Go out through the back door, down the second path and it's just on the left. Shall I come and help you get makeup and hair or are you good?"

"Oh no, you stay here, I've already seen a few people arriving so probably best you stay and mingle. I'll go shove my gear on, bit of mascara, lippy and be right back" I turned and called out to Brian across the room "Brian! we all good? Nothing else to string?" Brian looked over and shook his head 'no', his girlfriend had just arrived so he was otherwise engaged.

"Oops almost forgot- key!" Linda tossed the key to me, which I caught I might add.

"Ta, yea might need that! TaRA"

Going through the kitchen I opened the back door stepping out into the desert air, the servo was in a sparsely populated area, right on a major highway. Its old motel was interconnected to the front of house by the restaurant door but being crew we could go in and out of the kitchen door.

The agent that hovered at the door barely acknowledged me as I stepped through, I suppose I was already inside, so considered a safe person.

I tripped up the small porch falling, using my good hand to break my fall "Klutz"

Johns POV

"Klutz"

"What was that" I turned around, as I walked into the conference room, I swear I heard Cat's voice.

"What?? Oh the 'klutz' comment oh, just Miss Loboriel"

"I know it was Cat Loboriel, what I now want to know is why?" The guy, some agent, was bent over a tape machine listening to a speaker, another was listening using earphones and seemed to be jotting down the comment. Both held walkie talkies.

"Mr Lennon if you will just follow me" I was being pushed towards a room but wanted to know why I heard Cat's voice.

"What's going on?! She's supposed to be setting up the drum kit and you're in hear listening in on her"

The speaker woke up again and Cats voice sounded through the room "Boy, Cat, a klutz and now the key won't open the damn door" Jiggling could be heard, the doorknob, no doubt. "Eureka! Excellento I managed to open a door!" Cats sarcasm draped words crackled over the speaker again.

I levelled the bloke with one look, Carney smiled and stepped toward me "Look John, the thing is we are actually trying to catch one of our guys here too. Don't worry she's well covered, one word and we will have agents descend on her room. Now, if you'll just come through this door...."

I was a bit confused to the whole thing then it hit me "The guy that raped her!" Agent Carney nodded and pressed me forward toward the next room.

"Boy tonight's gonna be huge, massive, John's back. He's really back, yay for him!" She giggled a bit and the speaker crackled quietly on a lull then she spoke again "Ouch, oh boy, now mister idiot iron why did you just bite me, I just want to flatten my hair!"

Carney smiled "See nothing to worry about, she has completely forgotten the wire"

"Wouldn't that be a bad thing." I scanned Carneys face.

As we faced off, Cat got a visitor and all in the conference room listened intently.

A door opened and slammed shut "Oh it's you Rogers, come to survey your handy work. Well as you can see I'm all better"

"I don't know what you're talking about Catlyn" Cupboards opened and closed.

"Don't be dumb Rogers, remember our night of intense raping and knocking me about with a gun"

"You're deluded, Loboriel"

"Well anyway, congratulations"

"What on earth are you talking about, you has-been muso"

"Wouldn't you like to know" Cat sing-songed the remark, making Rogers laugh.

"Catlyn, there is nothing in your life that you need congratulating for. I've seen the file"

"You're a dead set wanker you know that. Now look what you made me do - I've smudged my eyeliner" Cat was being a smart arse as usual.

"Catlyn, you know that potty mouth can really get you into trouble" Drawers were now being slammed open and shut.

"Why? What are you going to do this time?"

"I should hold you down and do the horizontal dance again; make you scream for mercy, give it to you proper this time "

"Firstly, who says horizontal dance, that's so 60's. Secondly, there is no way with that thing of yours could you ever, ever make me scream. And lastly- Rogers, you made it count the first time. For like 18 years, it will count. Congratulations we're pregnant!"

I nearly fell over when she dropped that clanger. Carney eyeballed me "John, she's baiting him" Right I knew that...

"Right bitch, I've had enough of your mouth, come here"

"You wouldn't hurt a pregnant woman, would you?" She sounded worried, Carney put a hand on my shirt I was on my way out the door as he stopped me.

"Well how about I get rid of our little baby in your belly then you won't be a pregnant woman anymore" The crash that happened next sounded like wood splintering.

"Move in. Move IN" The two agents screamed down the walkie talkies to their counterparts we listened intently for the next noise to emit from the speakers.

Carney was standing between me and the door "Get out of the way, Carney". He signalled a couple of agents to forceably escort me out to the next room, the speaker sprang to life and I remained rooted to the ground listening.

"Rogers dead set that hurt" Another 'bang' was heard, the sound jarring the speaker. "that's it......." A shushing and hissing sound wailed through the speaker. "....Don't. Punch. Its. Not. Polite!!"

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww you mad bitch, get that iron off me. At least the bastard kid will be dust. I'll see you agai-" Doors slammed and crashed and people were yelling and giving orders.

"Rogers get down on the ground" A thud was heard "You're under arrest for the rape, assault and battery, and attempted homicide of Catlyn Loboriel"

"Miss. Miss, are you ok" nothing.

"Took your time didn't ya, now get out the lot of you I've got a show to get to"

Carney walked toward me with a raised eyebrow "See fine, all done. Now for you, time to re-acquaint you with the world"

"She better be ok"

"You heard her, she's off to get ready for your show" Carney smiled and patted me on the back. We walked through to the main interview area which was set up with camera, mics, a table chairs for the head of the FBI, agents and myself. 

Well John, you wanted to be reborn well....

This.

Is.

It.....