Abe's Home Yay!

My shoulder is aching again so I got up and threw a few pills down with water; I felt guilty bout the vodka and thought about putting it in the cistern for Brian.

Mental note to self I shouldn't drum 4 hours straight.

Its 1am and I can't sleep, so I'm going to go for a walk to see how far it is to the McCartney compound. It's a nice night and I feel safe in LA.

As I start around the last corner I can see the place pretty well from right here next to the power pole on the corner of the street. Standing on tiptoes almost hugging the pole, the spot on the hill overlooks some of Camp Macca.

Mental note to self don't stand too long on street corners..... I wasn't propositioned but a cop car drove by really slow.

The back of the place is ablaze with lights, maybe they got back early.. no Abe would have come back to his place. I can see a solo person standing at what must be the back door, smoking, just an outline but the cigarette flickers from him drawing on it.

I wander down the hill now and the wrought iron gates are huge and heavy looking, I swing on the bar just waiting for nothing just a pause in time before I head up the hill again. A light goes on in a front room and I act like a cat burglar and jump out of it's beams. It's offical, I'm an idiot.

The smoker must be in the front room now. I can hear music, a piano playing and someone ever so softly singing 'Imagine' overly slowly.
It stops after the first verse and the lid slams down.

I was just getting into the song too.

Selfish piano players, a drummer would never stop mid song!

A ciggie flicks out the window and the person slams it shut, lights all go out- and thats my cue to go home folks.

**************************

"Wakey Wakey" Abe is standing over me, a big cheesy grin on his face.

"Abe! Hey cous!"

"You know it's 3pm don't you?"

"Arrr yea, I'm on rock n roll time don't get outta bed before 5"

"You are on the couch hugging a bottle of vodka. Full, may I add" He grabbed it and placed it on the shelf. "Get up, I want to show you somethin"

"You just got back don't you want a rest?"

"I've been twiddling my thumbs for five hours on a plane, let's go"

Abe locks the house as I stick my sunnies on, the LA sun is so bright.

Mental note to self I feel like I may have actually drunk the vodka and replaced the contents with water.

Arrr well....Tamatoes , tomatoes.

"What?" Abe questions my shrug as we go down the stairs.

"Arrr just thinking I'm such a good girl not drinking that vodka..." I smile sweetly and make yet another mental note to self to check the contents later....... just in case.

***********************

"You got a car. Wow. Paulie finally paying you!"

"He always pays, this is quicker than a bike, safer than the Harley"

"I can just image you on a bicycle huffing and puffing away" I giggled and got a slap on the wrist. I chose to ignore his slap and asked about the Harley instead "You still got the old girl then!?"

"In Paul's garage"

We head out of the car park and follow the road that I took last night.

"I walked down here last night, well this morning around one-ish I think"

"In the dark! Why?"

"To see how far it was and I was bored. The place was lit up like a Christmas tree. Someone played Imagine on the piano but killed it after the first verse, bloody murderer"

Abe shot me a weird look.

"What was that look for?!"

"Oh nothing just wonder why you keep running round in the dark, you worry me, us"

"Us?"

"Your parents, Brian, Rusty, Paul..."

I scoffed at the thought "Paul doesn't even know me, Abe"

"He knows you, geez you two say more in the letters than I do!"