Enter Stage Right

The drinks were flowing, happy faces of family and friends from Johns life wandered around the room. No one really knowing why Paul McCartney of all people, had assembled them here at a seedy roadhouse in the middle of nowhere....under the pretence of him playing a show.

A bank of televisions took up one wall of the room, the other, the stage. Between the two sat a bar, dancefloor, chairs and tables. Lastly a buffet was set out for those that mingled, a lot loudly wondering why Paul wasn't off somewhere readying himself for his 'show'.

"Great turn-out Macca" George Harrison eyed the crowd. George and Richard, already knowing the premise of the night, smiled and chatted with those that showed up.

"Richie, how you doing" Linda leaned in for a peck on Ringo Starr's cheek.

"All's well in my arena, how are the kids?"

"Good, good they wanted to come but.... This is going to be one hectic, crazy night. Excuse me Rich, I just spotted someone"

"Cat, why on earth have you got that trucker hat on?" Linda stood beside me. Abe, Rusty and Brian pulling up beside Linda as she started pulling at my newly acquired bright red cap.

I turned around and lifted the cap a little "Just a little mishap in my room, my face sort of met the wall" The two pieces of tape on my eyebrow pulled over a scar around 4cm long.

"What'll it be?" The bartender spoke and we all turned and looked at the line up of bottles behind him.

"Abe, boys I really want to slam a couple, my nerves are shot!!" I grimaced as I touched my eyebrow "Is that ok? I won't imbibe if there is a strong no from you lot."

"Cat go ahead we'll all join you, it's a double celebration now!" Rusty gave me a hug and kiss on the cheek. Linda stood back confused and worried.

"Lin, we got Rogers, he's under arrest right now!!" I laughed and Abe gave me a hug.

"Wow that's great. Did he do that to you!?" Linda lifted the cap again, taking in the damage "Did John.... know about this?"

Rusty and I looked at each other "Honestly. I don't know. He was off with Carney when this all went down"

Abe swung round and tapped my stomach with his elbow "Ouch Abe, watch the old tum, cous! He punched me in the stomach too. Anyhow don't worry it's over, we can talk about it after all this!! This is so exciting!"

"Alright I guess. You're here, you're safe. Yes, it is exciting, the amount of people here is slightly scary though!" Linda gave me a kiss "You look good by the way, the cap not so much" She laughed and went off in search of Paul.

"Yep luv, Linda said it, nice rags for a Rat!" Abe laughed as we slowly made our way back through the crowd to the small stage.

After getting my makeup finished... I only fixed the eyeliner up and put a lick of red lippy over my lips in the end. No one could see my eyes under the cap anyway. A spritz of perfume and I was done. I teamed my new very pretty and ever so girlie off the shoulder white lacey blouse with black jeans. I left my feet in my favourite pair of drumming sneakers. I looked pretty good if you ignored the cap and my daggy shoes. From here on the stage we could just see the televisions being turned on by a man, in a dark suit.

Paul bound up onto the stage at that moment, yelling out, trying to get everybody's attention. No one paid much heed to him so Rusty did a clanger on his guitar

"Thanks Rust, righto, hiya everybody! Now it's a special night. Firstly I really need you ALL to watch the tellies over there and a lovely surprise will be revealed... then some, drinks, oops you have already started!! And food, dancing, singing, and lots of conversations with old friends. Thanks for listening, let's have a smashing night and I'll see you later!"