Wedding Dance

"Hey Jude, don't let me down... the bloody taxi has been waiting for-eeeva!!!" I sing-songed "Hurry up!"

"Ok... OK! Don't get you lacy knickers in a knot" Julian yelled, he was pushing the limits of friendship so I pushed back.

"Damn, I was sure I didn't put any on this morning" I went to bend over and he started blushing, I was in a fairly short skirt and the knickers would peek out soon If I bent over any further.

"I'm sorry, alright!!!!!! Don't go any lower I don't want to know the answer EITHER way, Rat!"

I laughed and opened the door for him "Gee, I was just kidding! Come on, lets go see Old Blighty"

The trip was horrible. Turbulence, storms and jam packed. Julian would duck his head through the 1st class curtain every now and then, point at me, laugh like a hyena and raise a glass of something nice for me to see. Tease.

I just poked out my tongue.

We landed at Heathrow.

He- smart casual with shades and definitely assured a pleasant first class passage off the tin can...

Me- left to rot with the masses at the back of the flying rusty tube for what seemed like hours......

"Hello there, do they let the minions off with business or did you push through?" Julian slid his glasses down his nose to watch me then took my bag and walked off in search of his mum. He was more comfortable here than in LA. I shoved him, the cheeky monkey and grabbed my carry on, then followed him like a puppy to find our lift.

"Mum there you are! Missed you" Julian hugged his mum tightly, giving her a smacking big noisy overdone kiss... and I smiled at her over his shoulder. Her expression unreadable.

"Mum this is..."

"She's too old for you, Julian" Oh that's why she has an unreadable face- she thought I was, oh my goodness.

Julian and I nearly fell on the ground with a fit of giggles right there in the middle of Heathrow airport just outside Gate 39.

Let's clear this mess up.

"Hi, I'm Rat- Catlyn, um drummer with John's band, arrr maybe, maybe not John's girlfriend?!" The end of the sentence going up and octave with the question. She studied my outstretched hand, thinking over what I had just said. Grabbing it finally,  she smiled.

"Oh the band-right and maybe maybe not.... I understand completely now. Sorry about before" Cyn gave me a small hug and we left the airport.

"So where to?" Cynthia started driving from the Heathrow, Julian beside her and me in the back seat.

"Oh I'm off to Paul and Linda's place- taking it over while I'm here for the wedding"

"Keith, mum you know The Stones, Richards" Julian glanced back at me and smiled his 'mother doesn't know anything' smile.

"Oh yes! Of course I know, I got an invite too but I won't be able to attend"

"You got an invite, mum.... Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't think you would want to go actually. Keith's not your friend" Julian was taken aback by his mum, and I laughed at his stunned face. "So where to luv?" Cyn completely ignored Julian's unbelieving face, and drove on.

"St. Johns Wood or a train station whichever is easiest for you"

"Well.... How about you have dinner with us and I'll drop you off later?" Cyn glanced up in the rearview mirror and smiled.