Chapter Forty: They sure were eggcellent.

Three years later: November 10th

Today was different. I'm not sure how, I'm not sure why. I just knew... something was off. I was just hoping that it wasn't a bad type of off, an off like holy crap I totally forgot to wear pants this morning and I'm already at work. But a good off, like wow, I just got three free donuts in a row and here comes a forth. Plus, a coffee? Score!

Either way, it was off and with every step I took towards the tall office building I decided that I was going to ignore the tingling sensation in my feet and scurry along in the hopes that I don't over think everything and end up spilling coffee on my boss... again.

The first time she laughed it off, said it was bound to happen sometime. I'm not so sure she will be so compensative the second time. Especially today, today she where's all white. That's what she does on Fridays. It's weird, but I don't judge.

I run up the stairs in a rush to get up to the office before 6:30, also running up the stairs helps avoid the plethora of fans that usually tend to circle the bottom to second floor when we have a singer coming in. Today was no exception, his dyed blonde hair was like a bat signal for all the hormonal teenagers that wanted to become part in a scandalous news story with someone that has nice hair.

Again. I don't judge.

"You're late," is the first thing I hear as I push open the double doors and barrel into the sound studio, to see Scarlet already on the mick testing the sound with Jeff. I shush Jeff as I push a chair out of my way and open the door slowly. It's really is a good thing I decided to get that extra muffin. Bribery is a girl's best friend.

Scarlet looks up with narrowed eyes, looking like she's ready to bite my head off until she sees the shiny red cup in my hand and the brown baggy hanging delicately in front of her face. I smile at her, and try not to look smug when she snatches both items out of my hand.

"You'll get off this time," she snaps up at me, she doesn't mean it, she never does.

"It won't happen again boss."

She waves a hand as a way of excusing me and I quickly turn towards the door, but she stops me, "Skye. A guy came in earlier: blonde, hot, totally oblivious. Said that you would know him."

Sounds like Liam, but Liam's in Europe or was it Africa?

"Is he still here?"

She shook her head and gulped down a drink of her drip coffee. You really shouldn't gulp drip coffee. "Said he was in a rush." She starts to talk through her muffin, very classy, "he left you something on your desk though."

I nod my head before ducking out right as the bleach blonde singer comes sauntering into the studio when a cocky smile on his face. Why did they always have cocky smiles?

I interned here for a year before I was offered the job as Scarlet's assistant. I never thought I wanted to go into media but I love it. Who knew I would love all the technical devices of radio? I guess it's not a bad thing when I also get to see famous people that always seem so unattainable, until you see them in person and they become actual human beings to you.

Plus, a lot of them are so much shorter then I would have expected. I guess camera angles really do make a difference.

I flop onto the chair of my desk with a sigh as the wheel's spin in a full circle before I grip onto the desk and finally look for this mysterious blonde mans present.

I pick up a letter that was not there yesterday and flip it around in my hand. It doesn't help when it has nothing on the outside. What if I spider crawls out or something. This could all be some weird hazing that I might have missed in my internship and now they're getting me back now.