Chapter Twenty Six: And I thought I looked gorgeous.

This chapter is dedicated to XSimple-BernieX because whenever I read your comments I adore them so much. (: Thank you so much for loving and supporting this book, and making me laugh with your amazing comments.

November 26th

HONK!

"Ah!" I fall out of my sleep and land smack dab on the floor. Hitting my head in the process. I roll over to see none other than my brother with a air horn and a devilish smile. Basturd.

"You ready for New York little sister?"

I groan and lay my arm over my eyes, "I hate you."

He laughs as he steals my blankets. "Better get up before the bandwagon leaves your ass behind."

"Ugh, what time is it?"

He throws my bag on top of me as he speaks, "about five thirty."

Five thirty! What humans are up that early. Better yet why is my lazy ass brother up this early. And when did he get home?

"I drove here last night. I haven't slept."

I roll onto my stomach and lift myself up. The sleep still weighing on my shoulders. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Were going to New York! Plus... Sam agreed to go. Were picking her up on the way, by the way."

Oh this so doesn't seem like a smart idea. Even thought I'm so incredibly thankful for Sam to be coming along with me. I'm gonna need the moral support if I'm going to deal with Greyson and his aggressively charming bored expressions.

I'm willing to bet that he's still not a happy camper after the whole Cole incident.

But to be honest he has no right to be pissed. I did nothing wrong. So I will not let him make me feel bad for helping out a friend. He's just going to have to get over it.

This is the new Skye. And new Skye will not let Greyson freaking Black ruin her trip to New York. She's going to go and show Mr. Bad boy what type of girl she is.

First things first. Get on some clothes and make him eat his heart out.

***

"Well hello Mr. Hot Shot. You didn't think your mustang would suffice?"

I look up from my book to see Sam smirking over at angry Greyson as she gets into a limo. Yeah, a limo.

Greyson looks up from his phone - completely ignoring my presence - and smirks at Sam. "Daddy dearest wouldn't let me. He said we needed to arrive with class."

She gets settled in next to me as Rowan scoots into the seat beside her. She looks over at me with a raised eyebrow. She leans over to whisper in my ear, "is Greyson still giving you the stink eye?"

Most definitely. From the moment I got in the limo Greyson has been looking at his phone rather then acknowledging my presence. Even when I threatened to take my shirt off he didn't take a peep. That's how I know this is serious.

I look from her to him, "what do you think?"

She sighs and pats me on the shoulder. "He's a hormonal boy. Don't take it to personally."

I smile, "oh I'm not. He just needs to get over himself."

He looks up from his phone to glare over at me. Exactly what I was hoping for. "Eavesdropping isn't polite, Black."

"Talking bullshit isn't polite, Hastings."

I smirk, "well I wouldn't be talking bullshit if you would just talk to me."