Chapter Five: Sam, the girl with the hot ass.

This chapter is dedicated to Pr1ncesskaty for being absolutely fantastic with support!

October 9th

"Rowan!"

No answer.

"Rowan!"

I throw my head back in frustration, guess I have to go get him. I stomp up the stairs into his room. When I push open his door hes laying on his bed, fully clothed, asleep.

Are you kidding me?

"Rowan...Rowan...ROWAN!"

He jumps up. "No don't do it Cookie Monster!"

"Cookie Monster?"

He looks over at me confused, "Skye, what are you doing in evil Seasame Street?"

I raise my eyebrow, "I'm not. I'm in your room. Plus, there no such thing as evil Seasame Street."

He rubs the sleep out of his eyes, "only someone that was possessed by evil Elmo would say that."

I cross my arms and lean against his dresser, "yeah and what would an angry sister say to her brother that was supposed to be ready half an hour ago?"

He smiles at me cheekily, "I forgive you? And I'll make cookies?"

I tilt my head, not amused, "I told Sam I would be there an hour ago. Now your telling me to make you cookies?"

He shrugs, "it was worth a try."

I grab his wrist and pull him out of the room, "can we go?"

"Fine! Just stop man handling me."

I let go of his hand and run out into his truck. Betsy starts with a jolt and we head down the road towards Sams house. Its already dark out and tomorrows monday. Which brings me to what Greyson is going to make me do.

He hasn't been at his house all day so I haven't been able to go over there and confront him over it. I have a bad feeling about these whole 'tasks?' I know Greyson enough to know that they are not going to be like eat this whole cookie in under thirty seconds. No there probably gonna be something illegal and risky.

I decided that I wasn't going to tell Cole about Greyson knowing about us. It would not end well.

I look over at Rowan, trying to get my mind off that whole situation, "how long are you staying?"

He glances over at me and then looks back at the road, "around two weeks."

I nod and look out the window watching the park go by, "I like when your home. Mom's happier."

He sighs and runs a hand through his hair with his free hand, "I like being home too."

I bite at my thumb and try to think of something to switch off the awkward conversation, "do you have a girlfriend?"

He huffs out a laugh, "why?"

"Just curious."

He scratches his slightly stubblied chin, "no. I don't. I had this thing with this girl Miranda for a month or two but it didnt work out."

I pull my legs up to my chest and hug them, laying my head on my knees to look at Rowan, "what happened?"

He shifts his jaw trying to keep his face blank but I know my brother well enough to know that hes irritated by whatever hes about to say.

"She didn't want to make it official and out in the public. She said it was because it was because she didn't want people to get into our relationship. But I knew it was because she didn't want to be tied down plus I think she was a little embarressed to be seen with me."