Chapter Twenty Nine: That was my way of flirting.

November 27th

You know those moments in your life when you know everything's different? You know that this is the moment everything changed. This is the moment when you think back in fifty years and know what you did wrong, know that if you would have said something different, done something different; everything would have turned out right.

You wouldn't have had to go through the heart wrenching battle of voices, you wouldn't have had to look into his eyes and seen every thing fall away, you wouldn't have had to fallen to the ground - with nothing but you and your broken heart to catch you.

You wouldn't have had to watch as we walked out the door leaving you behind.

***

The beat of his heart pulls me away from my sleep. Making my eyes flutter open and my lips widen into a smile.

He's still asleep when I glance up at him. His arms wrapped around me, his breaths peaceful, his lips set to a smile. As if he fell asleep with one and it refused to leave during the night.

I want to let him sleep, so as quietly as I possibly can I step out of the bed untangling myself from Greyson in the process. As I grab his shirt off the floor and wrap it around myself I watch as he shifts his body so he's laying on his stomach with his hands under the pillow. Each one of his muscles flexing with the movement, I chew on my lip with a smile. Thinking about last night.

Thinking about the words I fell asleep listening to.

How incredibly in love with you I am.

I let him believe that I didn't hear him, that I fell asleep before I heard him say those words to me.

I'm scared. I'm scared because...what if its not true? What if now that we...now that everything is changed.That everything is going to burn away in ashes. Because if I let myself say it. If I let myself fall into that hole again and he didn't mean it. I don't know if I will survive.

Not after last night. Not after my lips were on his and I experienced the drug that is Greyson Aleksander Black.

I slowly tiptoe into the bathroom and flip on the light.

My hair is a mess!

I forgot what its like to have such long hair. I forgot how crazy it gets. I groan as I pick up the brush and quickly try to tame the left over curls from last night. Then brush my teeth as quickly as I can, making as little noise as possible.

My phone vibrates on the counter next to me. I pick it up to see a text from both Sam and Rowan.

Rowan: Didn't see Greyson in our room this morning. (;

Oh god. My is my brother so creepy.

Skye: I didn't see Sam in ours either. Got some explaining to do brother.

Sam: I'm going crazy, Skye. CRAZY.

Oh my.

Skye: Is this about Rowan?

My phone starts blaring our Barbie girl as I receive a call from Sam. Barbie girl? Who...?

Damn you, Greyson.

I pick up the phone, "hello?"

"CRAZY!"

I pull the phone away from my ear to help protect me from her scream.

"Yeah, I got that. What happened?"

I hear a beeping noise.

"I'm almost to the room. I'll tell you when I get there."