Chapter Ten: Greyson Black, eight years old.

This Chapter is dedicated to xxkeeraxx for all the support and love she's given my way.

October 22nd

Age seven...

A new home. A new town. A new life.

Dad got a new job. He says that we will love it here. Says that I'm going to love all the trees and the smell of rain. He says that Rowan will love all the friendly faces. Rowan has always been the one that can talk to people and instantly be their friends.

I have no doubt that Rowan will fit right in. He gets a new friend everyday.

I, however have to work to just get one.

No one gets my humor.

All they expect from me is pretty pink dresses, loving Justin Bieber, and big bright smiles.

I hate pink. I don't particularly enjoy Justin Bieber. And big bright smiles make my cheeks hurt.

Mom says I have a temper and that I need to learn how to control.

Yes, I have a temper. But that doesn't mean I have to control it. I like putting people in their place. I won't let people boss me around who dont have the right to boss me around.

The house is blue.

Dad was right, I do like the trees. And the rain.

Rowan jumps out of the car and runs over to the front door, flinging it open. I hear the snap of it against the wall. Mom scolds him as she walks in.

I stay standing on the green lawn, looking up at the blue house. Our old house was a pale yellow. It was ugly. But it was our house.

"What do you think Rosie?" Dad asks looking down at me with a smile.

I look up at him and then back at the house, "its blue."

He shifts the box he holds, a grunt leaving him, "we can always paint it if you dont like it. What color do you want?"

I chew on my lip and consider it, "green."

He crouches down so hes eye level with me, "green it is, Rosie."

A small smile graces my lips and Dad returns it, "theres the smile I've been waiting for." He holds out the box to me, my name printed on it in shapie, "how bout you take this box up to your new room."

I take the box, the weight slightly heavy but I hide it.

"Which is my room?"

Dad ruffles my hair, "whatever one you want. But you should hurry before Willie gets the one you want."

I nod my head vigorously and run to the house with my box in my hand. I run past mom and Rowan and up the stairs. I pass two doors before I stop and look inside my new room.

Maybe this wont be so bad.

***

"Skyler! Come down stairs, Grandmas going to be here soon." Mom yells from the bottom of the stairs.

I groan and roll off of my Kim Possible sheets, throwing Goosebumps on the floor for later.

I stomp down the stairs and walk out the front door where Mom is waiting for Grandma to get here.