Chapter Thirty Nine: Sneaky is my middle name.

May 15th

"Do you think it would be too revealing to show up only in my bra and underwear?"

Sam snorts loudly "why... just why?"

"It's his birthday. I want it to be special."

"Liam! None of us want to see you in your bra and underwear! Especially Greyson on his birthday."

He huffs out an aggravated breath and throws his arms out haphazardly "then what am I supposed to get him?"

I smile as I pat him on the head "I think he would honestly be fine with a teddy bear. But giving him a sneak of your genitals will not be something he wants."

He smirks at me while I walk over to go through Sam's vinyl's.

"I just thing you're scared that he will leave you for me."

I glare at him "you steal my boyfriend and I steal your girlfriend."

He shrugs "fair enough, as long as I get to watch."

Sam throws the paint brush that was in her hands at him "stop being such a sexist perv. Don't make me regret being your friend."

Liam gives me a sheepish smile as I laugh lightly. That is till I get a look at the clock.

"Crap! We're late!"

"For what?" Liam asks exasperated.

"Stage one of Skye is the best girlfriend ever." I grab his and Sam's hand and start to pull them out of the door. "Now come on. We have to do it while it's still light out. Also, has at the school already be let out of practice?"

***

*Flashback*

March 31st

"Come on, you have to. You said that you would do it."

"Well I've changed my mind." He crosses his arms and closes his eyes like a two-year-old. I push him but he doesn't budge, damn him and his strong muscles.

"Grey, please! I don't want to leave high school with regrets. I know that you don't want to either."

His glare is deadly "what makes you think that this would be a regret of mine?"

Now I'm the one that crosses my arms "because I know you like the bottom of my shoe."

He rubs his thumb along my bottom lip and smirks "and why do you know the bottom of your shoe so well?"

I slap his hand away and point at him with a glare "stop trying to change the subject mister! You march your cute little butt in there and make nice."

"Why is this so important to you, Skyler?"

I smirk "because I'm just dying to see you in the uniform." I wrap my arms around his neck and pull his lips down to my level "but also because I know that you miss it."

His gaze is calculating and scared. I place my lip on his softly and practically melt under the touch. But when I pull back he looks more determined.

He sighs "I'm only doing this for you."

I roll my eyes "sure. I'll let you think that."

I push him away from me with a smile and watch as he pushes open the gym doors with the confidence of a five-year-old going into kindergarten on the first day.