Chapter Thirty Seven: I will punch your manhood.

March 14th

You know that incredible feeling when you finally say something out loud? That thing that you've said over and over in your mind, but never had the courage to say out loud.

The thing about finally saying what you've had stuck in the deep oceans of your heart. Is that when you finally say it, you feel as if you should be saying it over and over again.

You think of all the times you should have said it. Like when you should have said it to him. Said it to him when he looked at you and said that you were nothing to him. Because maybe if you would have said it then, you wouldn't be here now.

I wouldn't be sitting across from Cole - legs crossed and my heart spilled between the both of us.

But I think in the end this is how it was supposed to be. Me telling Cole the one thing that I've been so scared to say. Saying the one thing that will forever seal our fate.

"I'm in love with Greyson."

His smile doesn't hold anger, resistance, or even sadness. But rather, pure unadulterated understanding and kindness. Cole Ryder's finally growing up to be the guy that understands rather then hides away in the reputations.

"Then what are you doing here?"

When I smile it's as if a blanket of raw excitement and happiness falls over me and flows through my veins. I am in love with Greyson Aleksander Black, and I don't care who knows.

As long as he does.

I finally stand up from his bed, after hours and hours of us just talking-only talking for once-I'm ready to leave his room and never come back.

I used to love Cole, but that was a long time ago.

"Thank you, Cole."

He nods towards the door, "tell him that he's finally got the girl."

I practically run to the door before he talks again. "Skye?"

I glance back at him with my hand on the doorknob. "Yeah?"

He scratches the back of his neck and looks at me. And I know that one day Cole will make another girl so happy. "Tell Greyson that I was always on his team."

I smile and open up the door. Taking one last look at the room that I spent so many nights in. This is how it was supposed to end. Us finally talking between these four blue walls while his ceiling fan makes that squeaky noise with each turn.

"Goodbye, Cole Ryder."

***

I hear a laugh, and then a voice saying "well hello there, Skye Hastings."

I would know that laugh from anywhere. Jacob Williams.

He practically drifts through the fog as I'm about to run up to Greysons front door. How is it that he's been so distant, even though he's one of Greysons best friends?

"Jacob."

He laughs, he always laughs, "I can't let you go in there."

The confusion leaves my mind and gets replaced by anger. No one in stopping me from going in there! I have things I need to say. I start to walk towards the door again when he steps gracefully in front of me.

"Jacob, I swear to god. If you don't let me go I will punch your manhood."

He still laughs and I finally understand why he's Greyson's friend. Greyson keeps some of the purest friends I've ever met. Rowan, my brother and one of the biggest goofballs in the world. He can see the light in everything even during the hard times.

And Jacob, the guy that laughs at everything. The guy that is nice to everyone and doesn't care to know people's baggage. He just wants to know them for them. Rather than for their faults.

And this is why I love him. Because he doesn't become friends with people that pull from darkness. But rather from the happiness of the world.

"I'm being serious Jacob. I really need to talk to Greyson."

He smiles "I know. But I'm on strict orders to tell you to read the letter before you talk to him."

Dear god, what is so important about this damn letter?

"But-I, come on. I have to talk to him."

He shrugs sympathetically. "You gotta read the letter."

I look at the whole situation and realize that no matter what I do. I have to read this damn letter, because why would Greyson go through this whole thing just to make me read some words on a paper? It has to be important. At least to him. And that's enough for me to turn away from Jacob and run as fast as I can to my house and pick up the black envelope that's been sitting on my night stand for way too long.

I pull out the folded up pieces of paper with my names neatly written in his handwriting on the front.

Skyler Rose Hastings

And I read...