Chapter Eighteen: Have you been picturing him naked lately?

November 4th

"You look terrible, did you forget the two important functions of a human? Eating and sleeping?"

I take a long sip of my tea with a glare towards Liam, "hello to you to. Where's Sam?"

"Said she had important things to do."

Weird. So did Greyson.

I shrug it off, not really caring at the moment. Instead my brain focuses on Cole. Who looks just about as bad as I do. Blonde stubble covering his chin, dark bags under his eyes, wrinkled clothes.

I want to go over to him - forgive him - but I have to do something first.

"Liam?"

"Hm?" He hums at me.

"Have you seen Wendy around this morning?"

***

"Wendy?"

She looks up from her book, curly red hair falling around her face like a pink sunset. "Skye, right?"

I nod and point at the chair across from her, "this seat avaliable?"

She nods with a smile and goes back to reading her book. I sit down and pull out my book, I pretend to read. Not quite sure how to approuch the situation.

"Is their something you need, Skye?"

Guess I don't need to.

"Um...this is really awkward. But I was wondering if I could ask you about...somthing."

She looks at me skeptically, "is this about Cole?" I nod, she sighs with a small smile, "that was a long time ago. You have nothing to worry about."

I shake my head, "thats not what - I just...he told me about, what happened between you two."

Her eyes fill with understanding "oh."

"He also told me that he never said sorry."

She laughs, but it holds no humor, "I understand why he didn't."

"No, he should have said he was sorry. I mean he shouldn't have even cheated on you in the first place, but to not say sorry after that. It's just wrong"

She sighs and closes her book, giving me her full attention. "Skye, there are a lot of things about that night that you don't understand. Yes, what Cole did was wrong and I was heart broken over it. But that night we had had a fight. I said somethings I shouldn't have, he said somethings that," she hesitates with the memorie in her eyes. "You might as well know this. So that you don't think what Cole did was out of pure malice, but that night Cole had told me he loved me. I was mad and I said that I could never love someone like him. It was cruel of me to say and I regretted it the moment I said it. But he left before I could even say sorry and the next time I say him, Stacy was...you know."

I look down at the words of my book, not reading them, but just looking.
"He said he loved you?"

She tilts her head with a nod, "but it was years ago. And Cole is a great guy, I mean he still sends me flowers every year on my birthday. I mean what type of guy does that? He's a real sweet guy, he's amazing. You're really lucky to have him."

I nod my head, understanding everything now. "He is amazing."

And now I know what I have to do.

***

I walk into Greysons house to see Amy walking out of the kitchen with a plate of cookies.

"Hey, hun. How was school?"