Chapter Nineteen: Tough love, lovebug.

November 8th...

Four days.

I haven't talked to Cole or Greyson for four days. Actually I haven't talked to anyone for four days.

Except for my mom, but to be fair. She would kill me if I didn't pick up her phone call.

But for everyone else, I've ignored all my phone calls. And I haven't come out of my room unless I had to eat something.

Maybe I'm being pathetic...just like Greyson said I was. But right now my heart is torn. I know what I have to do. Because that's the right thing. But there's also something else...something I'm not willing to admit. Because...

"Wow. You look like one of those hamsters from the Kia commercials. Have you not taken a shower?"

I glare over in the direction of my door towards Liam. He's sporting a cocky smile and a stack of papers.

"Close the door, you're letting in a draft."

He laughs with a roll of his eyes and slowly closes the door in a mocking manner. Once hes done he walks over to my bed and sets the stack of papers on my chest and then flops down next to me.

"Your homework, milady."

"Thanks," I say.

He crosses his arms and stares up at the ceiling with a sigh, "spill it miss. Why aren't you going to school? And why has Greyson taken up residence on Jacobs couch?"

Jacob is Liam's neighbor, I should've known he would notice.

"He's mad at me," I mumbled guiltily.

Liam looks over at me with a raised eyebrow, "what did you do this time?"

I look away from him, feeling embarrassed by my actions, "I was an idiot and it seems I pushed Greyson over his limits. To be fair though, he did call me pathetic."

Liam chuckles making the bed move slightly, "you were probably being pathetic."

I whip my head towards him with a playful glare, "why does everyone keep saying that? I'm not pathetic."

He grins with sympathy in his eyes, "sometimes when it comes to Cole you become pathetic."

I frown, "that's harsh."

He shrugs, "tough love, lovebug."

I can't be that pathetic, can I?

But if three people have said it...maybe it's true.

Liam sits up - dropping the subject - "so you ready for tomorrow?"

I look at him confused, "what's tomorrow?"

He scoffs, "you seriously need to get out of this room." He stands up and pulls me off the bed against my will, "the camping trip."

Understanding dawns on me. Right, the camping trip. The one I invited Cole to... Liam must see the wheels turning, "are you and Cole...still...you know?"

I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.

"Are you gonna let him come?"

I shrug, "if he shows up, he shows up."

Liam blows out an exaggerated breath, "oh to live in the life of Skye Hastings."

He goes and pick up some clothes and a towel and throws it at me. I smile gratefully, "it's tragic really."

He smirks, "I wouldn't unsubscribe."

***

"Why did Liam force us here?" Sam asks right as I sit across from her at the chucky cheese. After Liam made me leave my room he forced me into his car. That's when he drove to chucky cheese and then threw me out of the car and said for me to wait for him inside. Thats where I found Sam.