Chapter Twenty Three: What did you do to a squirrel?

November 10th

"Did you seriously leave my baby sister in a tree?"

Rowan! Oh thank god, Rowan!

"What is wrong with you?"

I spin around in a circle surrounded by the trees looming over me. "Rowan!" I yell with my hands cupping my lips. Which by the way are freezing. I still can't believe he left me out here! I have the same question as Rowan, 'what the hell is wrong with him?'

Is the thought of kissing me so terrible that he would rather fall out of a tree rather than endure it? I thought this weekend couldn't get worse after me and Cole broke up... I was wrong. I was so totally wrong. I mean, a tree. He fell out of a tree. That's not even the weirdest part. I've known Greyson for practically my whole life and I've never seen him so befuddled.

Greysons always had a talent of being calm and cool through all the hard, crazy, and weird situations. Never in my life have I seen him go absolutely un-greysonie.

The bushes next to me start to shake as I throw my hands up in defense if it's that same squirrel from before. What kind of squirrel comes out and attacks a random innocent bystander? A real bastard, that's one.

"Oh thank god," Rowan runs over to me and encases me in a hug. I shiver into it, in relief. I was seriously scared that I would get lost out here. Well I mean, I did get lost. But so lost that I wouldn't be able to be found. I mean it's pitch black out here and I have no source of light other then the moon. But when you're under trees that kind of a minimal light source.  "Are you okay, Skye? You scared the crap out of me."

He pulls back and cups my face looking me up and down in concern. I nod before he becomes crazy over protective Rowan, "I'm fine. Other than the squirrel mishap."

His eyes widen very theatrically, "what did you do to a squirrel?"

Really? This is what he's concerned about right now? The squirrel.

I roll my eyes, "nothing. It was more like the squirrel thought I had its nuts."

"You didn't did you?"

I push him away from me with a laugh, "Rowan, where would I have gotten nuts from?"

He shrugs, "I don't know! Why are you out in the forest by yourself in the first place?"

As if knowing I needed an answer,r Greyson comes running from the opposite direction that Rowan did and barrels into me. Capturing me in a hug so strong it knocks the wind out of me.

"Why didn't you stay at the tree? You fucking idiot," he whispers more to himself then to me, "you scared the living hell out of me. I would have come back, please tell me your okay. Your okay right? Smiles, tell me your okay."

I look over to see Rowan to see him smiling at us as I wrap my hands around Greyson torso and tighten the hug. He cups my head in his hand and pulls me into the crook of his neck encasing me in warmth.

"I'm okay," I whisper back to him as I close my eyes with a smile.

I really shouldn't  be forgiving him this fast. But from the way his whole body is tense and the strength of his hold of me I know that he was as worried as Rowan. Maybe even more.  

His body instantly relaxes and I hear the sigh of relief and he speaks, "you're okay."

***

"You ready?"