Chapter Nine: Ha! More like your in love with me.

October 22nd

"I swear to god Rowan William Hastings, if you sing that one more time I'm going to punch you in the throat."

He looks back at me and opens his mouth, I raise my fist threateningly, he closes it and slinks into the passenger seat. I smile proudly to myself, that is until I see Greyson smiling at me from the revue mirror. My smile instantly drops.

He has no right to be smiling with me.

We've been driving for five hours and I haven't spoken a word to him. I haven't spoken a word to him since Wednesday. When he punched Cole.

I also havent spoken to Cole either. I haven't even looked at him, because every time I do my heart wants to explode.

Whether out of love, anger, or hurt I'm not sure.

I'm actually not sure what we are to each other anymore. Friends or more? Or worse, nothing?

But I decided this morning this trip would be my escape, to not think about it - or him. Get my mind off the sinking feeling of my heart falling to the bottom of the ocean.

"If you turn there we'll be in a straight shot to the school," Rowan says to Greyson as he points towards a line of trees. Greyson clicks on his lights fast and turns in the direction that he was told to.

"When do we have to get back home, Skyler?"

I don't answer and just look out the window.

"Smiles?"

Nope.

"Oh come on, are you gonna ignore me this whole trip. I'm sorry I punched your precious boyfriend okay? I'll apologize."

I just look at him through the mirror and glare.

"You punched her boyfriend?" Rowan asks in disbelief, "who is this prick?"

I glare at my brother, "he's not a prick, and he's not my boyfriend anymore."

I think.

The car goes silent and awkward tension surrounds us as we drive into the the parking lot of Seattle Pacific. Towards Rowans dorm, when we get there a stort dark skinned guy is waiting and waves frantically as Rowan get out of the car.

I follow after Rowan but Greysons hand encases my elbow holding me back. I turn around to him and he runs his hands through his blue black hair. The bluish tint standing out more in the half sunny afternoon.

"Are you okay?"

He sound sincere enough that I answer, "I'm...fine."

He looks nervous and uncomfortable, "if its because of me, I'm sorry."

I wish I could blame him. I really wish I could, but the truth is. This was bound to happen. I wanted to be public with Cole, he didn't. I can't live like that.

"It wasn't."

He looks up at me, his blue-grey eyes twinking, "well I'm still sorry your hurting. Even if I hate the guy."

I roll my eyes, "your guys hatred for eachother is pathetic."

He smirks, "does this mean your talking to me now?"

I push his chest, "your obnoxious."

He wraps his arm around my shoulder and pulls me towards where Rowan is standing with the short guy. "You love me, Smiles. Admit it."

"Thats never gonna happen, Black. You're annoying, an imbecile, and smell like a dead cat."

Okay two out of those three things are complete lies. Greyson is anything but an imbecile, he's actually one of the smartest people I've ever met. And he definitely doesn't smell like a dead cat, he smells like black tea and rain. Its intoxicating, actually.