Road to Master Ch40- An Impossible Comeback! Pikachu vs Eevee!

Melemele Island- Alola:

Hau was running home with his eyes headed towards home. He was running through the sandy beach on his way towards the professor's lab with great excitement and a hand in his pocket. He felt the check in his pocket, what would finally be used to save Lillie. "Just a little more," Hau gasped as he reached the entrance of a small shack in the middle of the grass. Hau burst in through the door with a excitement as he shouted: "Professor Kukui!"

Tending to a small rocky dog like pokemon, Hau saw a man with a lab coat and a pair of glasses. He had slightly tanned skin and his lab coat was his only top on. He turned around and smiled when he saw who it was, "Hau, nice to see you again," the man named Kukui said.

"Ruff! Rockruff!" The small pokemon said as he pounced on Hau and gave him a lick. Hau laughed a little at this as Hau then called out the pokemon by its name.

"Rockruff, you are still awesome," Hau said as he then noticed Kukui with his mouth agape at Hau's attitude. Hau then grew a serious face, "Professor, can I see Lillie?"

"She has not changed since last time," Kukui started with a sigh as he then signaled for Hau to follow him up towards the ladder that lead to Lillie's room. "Look Hau, I am sorry about what happened at the Kalo League. I know you worked so hard."

"Let's not talk about that, I just want to see my sister again," Hau said. At this Kukui nodded and the two ascended the steps of the ladder to then see a small room with bookshelves lining the walls. There was also a bean bag chair that seemed to be a place for someone to read their books in. Lastly, Hau took a glance towards the left and saw it:

There was a bed with light blue covers. Next to the bed was a machine that was making sounds of inhaling air and exhaling air along with a bag. Hau then turned to the tubes that came off the machine to notice they lead down the mouth of a young girl who was in a blue and white dress while the bag had another tube that went into the arm of the girl. Hau looked at her carefully and gasped as he saw the girl. She had pale skin, but her hair was pale blonde with a icy blue tint to it, also it was cut short, to be around shoulder length. Hau then looked closer and noticed that her eyes were closed as her delicate chest moved up and down to the rhythm of the machine. It was obviously a ventilator keeping the girl alive.

"Glaceon..." a female Glaceon that was next to the bed said with a sad smile as she looked at the girl and put her cold body next to the warm girl. The pink was still in the girl's cheeks which meant that there was still life, but there was no consciousness.

"Lilligant," a female flower grass type pokemon came by with a bowl of water in between her hands with a wash cloth. Lilligant then draped the wash cloth in water and began brushing the face of the girl, making sure she cleaned her face all thoroughly.

Hau looked at Professor Kukui and with a sad expression asked, "Why is Lillie... Blue?"

Professor Kukui sighed and looked at Hau before he spoke up, "I don't exactly know, it probably has to do something with a decreased amount of oxygen... Anyways, we had to cut her ponytail off because it could interfere with the ventilation machine. Other than that, Glaceon has been really worried and Lilligant has kept Lillie hydrated by giving her water and occasionally cleaning her face off like she is doing now. That is why since the last time you saw Lillie, her lips and skin have stayed soft. Other than that, she has changed a lot."

"Professor Kukui," Hau began getting the attention of the professor. "Even though Lillie may not be the same as before, I think we all want her back... For that," Hau then looked at Professor Kukui and said, "I want to go ahead and do the surgery."

"But Hau, what about the costs?" Professor Kukui implied with a sad smile. "I know you tried your hardest, but you did not win what was necessary to save Lillie, what can we do?"