Road to Master Chapter 4

A/N: ok last time we left off there was chaos in Lumiose, not only that but I made Ash be someone that did not completely rely on luck when it came to times of danger. Also, if you are thinking that these will be traveling companions, I want to state now (and please don't hate me) that Ash will start out traveling alone, after a while he may get another companion other than Pikachu, but Ash will sustain himself by actually buying food from money he gets when he battles. You will see the gang pop up here in there with Ash, some alone or all together, but there will be Serena at times witnessing what Ash can do.

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon

Chapter 4- Comatose Memories and a New Path

At Professor's Lab:

"Serena, Calem, Trevor, Tierno, and Shauna, while I get some medications to help the boy recover, I would appreciate it if you guys would take care of him," Sycamore asked the favor to which everyone agreed.

The gang walked into the room and noticed Ash was sleeping in a bed with an electrocardiogram monitoring his vital signs. Pikachu and Froakie were there watching over Ash. The pokemon were very worried for their friend.

"Does anyone even know his name?" Tierno asked in concern. It was true, out of everyone that knew the name of the teenager, only Serena could guess the name was 'Ash' and she was not completely sure about it either. What made Serena almost completely sure that she recognized the raven-haired teenager as her friend from childhood is that he called her out with her name during the Lumiose incident at the top of Prism Tower.

"I don't know..." Calem replied staring over Ash completely blank on any idea.

In Ash's dreams:

"Mom, do you see those men in orange suits?" Ash asked to his mother next to him. They were now in a park near Pallet Town. The scenery was a nice green patch of grass with some pokemon scurrying out the way of people in orange suits heading towards Ash and his mother.

"Ash... go home now," Ash's mom replied in urgency. Ash nodded and obliged as he left only to turn to see his mother screaming and being attacked by giant pokemon, they had purple bodies and a horn: Nidoking.

"Dad you have to help mom!... Dad?" Ash replied watching as his Dad walked over to his mom. His Dad sent out a black pokemon that had silver and a red eyes. That pokemon made a black orb that put Ash's mom to sleep really quickly.

"no... NOOOOO!" Ash shouted while grabbing his head in complete pain. 'It's not happening, not AGAIN! GET ME OUT OF THIS DREAM!'

Back at the lab:

Ash started to move violently, everyone grew concerned. He almost hit Pikachu who was standing next to Ash, but Pikachu was quick enough to dodge the fist that was coming his way. It was not something that anyone expected as Ash's eyes would stay closed.

"I will kill you for what you did to her!" Ash shouted as he started to get up from his bed completely unaware of his real surroundings. The sleep paralysis was not affecting Ash and his nightmare was completely taking over Ash's actions.

Everyone stared in shock except Pikachu who was very worried for his friend. Pikachu kept shouting for Ash to calm down, but would not succeed. The other people in the room flinched and began to tense their muscles at the sign that they would have to react. Pikachu knew he had to act fast so he turned to Froakie and instructed the frog.

"Pikapi pi pikachu!"

"FRO!" Froakie understood Pikachu and threw frubbles to restrain Ash to the bed.