Road to Master Ch13

A/N: Ok, so Serena has been able to pass onto the second round because of Ash's dark revelation. This worries Serena a lot since she cares about Ash. Things will get a little intense this chapter.

Disclaimer: This will be a very dark turn in the masterclass, in fact probably darker than most masterclass depictions in fanfictions, so be warned…

Disclaimer 2: I don't own Pokemon, "How do you Love Someone", or "When You're Gone"

Chapter 13- Masterclass Tension… Serena vs Paula

At the stands:

"Yea Ash, awesome battle!" Trevor shouted as the clip of Sceptile vs Darkrai played again.

"Pi?" Pikachu raised his ears and ran out of the stands without anyone noticing.

"Where did Pikachu go?" Grace asked worryingly.

"Probably to find Ash," Tierno replied calmly. "He'll be fine."

Walking off stage:

Serena and Ash had not spoken a word to each other ever since the revelation. Infact, as they walked, Ash had clenched fists and what looked like a broken spirit.

The coast was clear and Serena decided it was best to try and talk with the raven haired trainer. Serena got in front of Ash and locked her blue eyes with his auburn ones. Looking into his eyes, Serena saw pain and sadness, it concerned her so much that she decided to try and be gentle with her voice: "Can you tell me what you did when you left Anistar City?... Like, before we met up?"

"None of your business," Ash said coldly while looking away, obviously attempting to avoid eye contact. Serena was absolutely triggered at this, and this sparked her vital signs to rise as she retaliated back.

"What happened Ash?! You don't need to go through this, I am here for you!" Serena snapped while she clenched her fists with undeniable strength. She could not understand why Ash would hide something from her… She felt like a million daggers were piercing her.

Ash just turned around and spoke up without emotion, "Calem and I just… we just helped someone out that needed our help."

Serena did not believe a word as she spoke up with an irritated voice, "Then tell me what 'friend' you helped by battling such a dangerous battle! Why did you do it?!"

"I had to! If I did not then… Then Calem and I would had been killed, just like my mom!" Ash said through clenched teeth trying not to admit why he was going through this at the same time. It was painful for him to admit that he could have been killed, but it made it worse that Serena probably should not have known that...

"Why do you compare yourself to your mother like that! I understand that you must be hurting, but what does this have to do with her?!" Serena exclaimed while her blood boiled. The sound echoed throughout the whole hallway and the words resonated with Ash as he flinched a little as he heard this.

"It's because… my father… was the person I battled," Ash revealed while hiding his eyes in his cap which he had put on after leaving the stage. He had changed back to his normal attire and was boiling in anger and regret for revealing himself… He regretted answering correctly… He probably should have just answered another question right. At the midst of the moment though, Ash did not feel like anything made sense to him, so he still answered correctly. Something he now wishes he could have taken back.

"Why didn't you make peace?! He was your father Ash!" Serena exclaimed at the verge of tears as she said the next part: "If you would have died… what would happen to your Pokemon, your friends...! WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN TO ME?!" Serena burst out in tears at nearly confessing her deepest feelings before looking down and saying in a very soft voice that Ash could barely hear, "What would I do if you died, Ash?!"