Road to Master Ch21- Love is Key to Find an Answer Under the Snowy Pines

Recap from last time:

"Oh..." Damian smirked while looking at Ash and Pikachu. "It is that weak trainer with that stupid Charmander."

"Now you are open to an attack, ice punch!" Beartic swiftly navigated the ice and hit Sceptile with a devastating cold punch to the stomach that knocked the tree frog against the wall behind Ash who only had enough time to look back and see the smoke clearing from a clear dent in the wall and a unconscious Sceptile.

"Sceptile is unable to battle, Beartic wins!" the ref shouted.

"Ice punch!"

"Aboma.. SNOW!" Abomasnow shouted while throwing his fist at the soundwave dragon who then crashed into the wall behind Ash. Noivern did not get up after that.

"Noivern is unable to battle, Abomasnow wins!" the ref declared.

"Frogadier!" Ash shouted as he saw his pokemon hit the wall. Suddenly, Ash's body arched back in pain and fell back into a sitting position in the trainer's box.

"Frogadier is unable to battle so the win goes to Wulfric. The gym leader!" the ref declared.

"Ash, until you are able to trust and rely on your pokemon despite your emotional and spiritual state, you can't win and therefore, I cannot give you a badge."

Serena gripped her ribbon as she saw Ash walk into the darkness of the night and clenched it harder when the door closed and she lost sight of Ash. "Ash," Serena said to herself.

The night was silent from there on out.

A/N: OK guys... I have some explaining to do... I don't know what happened to me, but this is the turning point in the entire story when it comes to the quality of my writing. This is definitely probably the very first chapter that I have written in this much detail and the quality of my writing after this chapter... You will have to see it for yourself to believe it lol!

I hope you liked the recap of the last chapter. This is going to hopefully be one of the most influential chapters in the story. It is a little like XYZ 28, but it has its differences and definitely will probably be more meaningful.

Personally, I feel like if the anime went this route it would have been so much cooler, but the way XYZ 28 was handled in the anime was very inspiring and well done so that is why I am trying to improve upon it.

Again, it will not be perfect, but I will try my best.

I hope you enjoy this chapter :).

Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon or the song I used ;)

Disclaimer 2 please read: Violence in words and actions, there may not be blood, but it will BE intense and possibly worse than chapter 13 (This is not much of a spoiler, you can already tell this is inevitable). There is also a lot of POV changing.

Chapter 21- Love is Key to Find an Answer Under the Snowy Pines

That night at the pokemon center:

Frogadier could not rest. His trainer's words kept bouncing up and about in his head. 'I Promised we would have become stronger' they said. Frogadier thought about it. What makes something stronger?

"It is love," Olympia's words echoed through Frogadier's mind. Frogadier got up from his bed feeling a little sore from the battle the day prior, but he walked out of the room trying not to make a sound. As soon as he was halfway across the hallway to the door, he noticed a faint blue color flowing from a backpack... Serena's backpack. Frogadier looked and saw that Serena in the corner of the room curled up into a ball and staring out the window while gripping her ribbon. Frogadier made his way to her bag and noticed a disk shaped object begin to glow harder and Frogadier reached for it.