Chapter 40

Adelaide

I sit in silence thinking over everything that just happened. I couldn't help but wonder if I did the right thing. But I knew it had to be the right thing to do, I clearly wasn't right for Aiden even the moon goddess thought so. He needed someone that was perfect for him, someone that could fix him. Because I couldn't, I just couldn't. He hurt me in so many ways that I couldn't just forgive and forget.

I sent Murphy a text telling him to come get me because I really needed a friend right now. It was time that I told him everything.

I packed my things thinking of staying with him for a while, and when I'm done I head downstairs to talk to Evans.

I see him sitting on the couch staring at the ground blankly probably thinking about what the hell just happened.

"Evans." I call him, he then looks up at me with a warm smile pulling me into his arms.

I then told him everything.

"So you're going to have a new mate?" He asks frowning.

I instantly regret telling him, I completely forgot that his mate passed away not so long ago. But that wasn't something the moon goddess could control because Evans was meant for her and the moon goddess couldn't help his mate from dying.

"I-I'm sorry Evans-" He cuts me off. "It's fine I'm happy for you, I'll see her again after this life and I'm sure of it." He says smiling warmly at me and I pull him into a hug.

"Thank you by the way. For stopping him." I whisper. "You're welcome love. I'll always be here for you." He tells me.

I then pull away from him as I feel my phone buzz in my butt pocket. "What is it?" He asks sounding worried. "It's Murphy, he's here. I'm going to stay with him for a while, just let mom know I'm okay and I'll be back soon." I tell him grabbing my stuff and he nods his head understanding.

I give Evans one last hug and I'm out of the front door walking towards Murphy's car getting into it.

Once I'm in Murphy's car I'm met with the most amazing smell, my eyes widen. I turn to Murphy to see he was already staying at me with lust in his eyes mixed with shock.

"Murphy is our second chance mate!" Forest shouts excited.

"Oh my go-" Before I can finish my sentence Murphy's lips were planted on mine.

He kissed me and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below my ear, his thumb caressing my cheek as our breaths mingled. I ran my fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between us and I could feel the beating of his heart against my chest.

We pulled away after the long blissful kiss resting our foreheads against each other's calming our breathing.

"I don't know how this happened but I'm glad I can finally call you mine Adelaide." Murphy says pecking my lips then pulling me into his arms.

I was finally with the person I was  destined to be with.