Chapter 4

Running in my wolf form felt so amazing, I felt free. Everything seemed so different. I seemed to forget about everything when I was running, I was too busy admiring the beauty of the earth as in my wolf form it made me see things clearly and closely for their beauty.

It's so sad that we have such a beautiful earth with shitty people in it, it's what makes people hate the world so much. It's what makes people want to leave, and just make all the pain stop.

I'm one of those people. At this very moment I've never felt more useless. There was no reason for me to live anymore when half my life has left me forever. My one chance to being happy, was taken away from me by the person I was destined to be with for the rest of my life. I'm going to die. People who have been rejected by their mates always end up dying out of depression and being lonely. That's going to be my happy ending, except there's nothing happy about it.

"Are you alright?" I turn around and I'm met with the beta John, I look around me and hadn't noticed I stopped running.

"Can you transition please?" He asks me taking off his white T-shirt revealing his six pack and holding out his shirt towards me with his eyes closed so I can change.

It's sweet what he did for me in front of the pact, he knew I didn't have my mate so he decided to be there with me. His mate must be a lucky girl.

I quickly transition back to my human form and gently take his T-shirt from him and put it on. His T-shirt reaches my mid-thigh luckily covering my naked ass.

"Uh you can open your eyes now." I whisper fiddling with my fingers looking down at them feeling a bit self conscious at revealing too much skin.

"Are you alright? I saw you didn't have your mate there with you. So I thought maybe I should've helped you by your side." He tells me taking a step closer to me and puts his finger under my chin lightly pushing it up making my eyes meet his green ones.

I stare into his eyes with confusion.

"Why?" I ask in a whisper.

He smiles at me warmly.

"Because love, nobody was there for me either." He tells me pulling me into a hug.

"Your mate rejected you too?" I ask and he pulls away looking angry.

"Who rejected you?" He growls.

"I don't want to talk about it." I say and turn away from him now staring at a big beautiful tree.

I then feel his bare muscular chest against my back and his strong arms wrap around my waist.

"Sorry. Hearing you were rejected makes me angry that such a nice beautiful girl like you had to go through the same pain I did. Did you accept his rejection love?" He asks squeezing me warmly giving me a kiss on the cheek again.

I was so confused on why he was doing this, and the weird thing was my wolf didn't care enough to push him away. Usually I didn't know what to do in these situations so I'd let Forest take over because she would know what to do, she would push every guy away because she only ever wanted our mate and nobody else. But Forest was growing weak knowing we didn't have a mate. She didn't care anymore. She was broken.

"No she didn't because she wants me. Not you. So get your fucking hands off of what's mine."

My eyes go wide and my wolf screams mate! Over and over again.

Aiden is here, and he's angry.

What the actual fucking shit!