Chapter 16

Flashback of Aiden at the age of 10

I awoke to the sound of shattered glass and an angry scream. Quickly, I jumped out of bed and blindly ran towards the light pouring out from the cracks of the door. "Stop!" I screamed. I was now standing witness to a scene. There stood my father, holding his hand in a threatening grip around my mother's arm as her face cringed in pain.

"Let her go! You're hurting her!" I screamed.

"Look son. When your mate disrespects you like your mother has done to me what you have to do is punish them! Because mates aren't supposed to do that so you have to teach them a lesson!" He shouts slapping my mother hard across her cheek causing it to turn red.

"But wouldn't it hurt?" I ask looking at my mother crying in pain.

Dad chuckles, " It's supposed to hurt son, but after you hurt them they'll never disrespect you ever again." He says and I nod my head understanding.

I was going to leave because something about seeing my father punishing mom gave me a sickly feeling to my stomach but he grabbed tightly onto my small arm stopping me.

"It's your turn to teach your mother a lesson son." Dad tells me and I stare at him wide eyed.

"B-But she's my mother not my mate." I say not wanting to hurt my own mother. I couldn't live with my self if I did.

"But she disrespected me! We have to help her!" He shouts at me and I cower back.

"Do it or I'll have to punish you as well." His words scared me, I had no choice but to punish my mother.

We punished my mom for the longest time, her screams were loud but then they stopped all of a sudden. Dad told me to keep going so I did as I was told so I wouldn't be punished. Her beautiful face was now a pale color and her chest stopped rising. I stopped punishing mom and stared at her with confused eyes, dad was still punishing her.

"Dad why isn't she moving?" I ask him and he stopped immediately staring at my mother with fear and regret then he looks at me with anger.

"You killed her!" He shouted at me and starts punishing me.

"You killed your mother!"
Flashback over

Years pass by and days kept getting worse. I got beatings from my dad every day for the murder of my mother, but the more he did it the more I got used to it. He buried moms body in the back yard of our old house and to this day people think she left us without a word. When really, I killed her. What's weird is I didn't feel any pain or guilt from killing her but with my mate, I felt absolutely horrible. The pain I felt for Adelaide was worse then the pain my father inflicts on me.

When Adelaide put me in the pain I'd done to her, something snapped in me. I wanted her to forget all of those things I'd done and pretend it never happened. But after feeling the pain she went through, I knew it would be impossible to forgive and forget.

I hated that I lost control and hurt her physically with my own hands, the hands I killed my mother with. I hated myself and felt I didn't deserve her. But she was no longer mine, she accepted my rejection. And rejecting her was the biggest mistake I'd ever made in my life.

Hearing those words broke me completely, my one chance to happiness was gone. But I would do everything in my power to get her back. I wanted Adelaide and only Adelaide.

Sleeping with that girl I felt so disgusting I had to stop it, I felt I was going to vomit. I realized then that Adelaide will only ever be the girl for me, and if I couldn't have her I couldn't have anyone.

As for Adelaide if she's not with me, she's not going to be with anyone. I'll make sure of it.

If I have to force her into being mine then I guess that'll be what I have to do.

Adelaide is going to be mine.