Chapter 6

I stayed home from school today because I wasn't ready to see Aiden after all that's happened. I was watching re-runs of American Horror Story until someone knocked on my room door.

I sigh and press pause "Come in." I say sounding bored then the door opens to Evans with a warm smile on his face. "Um the beta John is here." He tells me and my eyes go wide. "What the hell is he doing here?!" I ask whisper shouting hoping he didn't hear me. "I don't know he just asked to talk to you, just hurry up and get dressed you look like shit." He says chuckling then leaves. I roll my eyes and quickly run into my walk in closet and grab a long sleeved black knitted sweater and black skinny jeans with rips at both knees then my checkered slip on vans.

After I'm done getting dressed I mind link Evans to bring John up to my room. I then wait awkwardly sitting on my bed sitting cross crossed biting my nails. Seconds later two soft knocks were heard "It's open!" I say and the door opens to John with a black T-shirt and skinny jeans that fit him perfectly with worn out black converse.

"May I come in?" John asks and I smile warmly at him and nod my head yes.

He then takes a seat in front of me also cross crossed. "How are you?" He asks and I stay silent trying to figure out what to say.

He really came over here just to ask me if I was okay? Wow he's so sweet.

"Um I don't know, it's hard to tell when I can't feel anything." I say honestly and shrug.

He sighs and then grabs hold of my hand caressing it lightly with his thumb. "Your not going through this alone. I'm going to be right here with you." He says and I pull my hand away getting up off the bed running my hand through my hair frustrated.

"I don't understand." I say and look out the window hearing him get off the bed and walk towards me.

"What don't you understand?" He asks and I feel his eyes on me but I don't bother looking at him.

"I don't understand why you're doing this, why are you helping me? Why did you help me? I understand you went through the same thing I did but, everyone in this pack hates me for some unknown reason and wouldn't think of helping me. I know you know everyone hates me! Ugh why me?" I say letting it all out now staring into his eyes that are staring at me with a sad expression mixed with anger.

"I'm not like everyone else in this pack Adelaide. I wanted to help you because nobody deserves to be alone like I was. You don't deserve to be alone." He says and pushes a hair behind my ear exactly how Aiden did except I didn't feel any sparks. I pull away and he frowns.

"Maybe I prefer being alone." I say in a whisper and walk past him towards my bed laying on it facing the ceiling.

John then lays closely next to me staring at me as I look up at the ceiling. "Look at me love." He tells me putting a finger under my chin bringing my attention to him. I stare at him and close my eyes as he lightly caresses my cheek.

"Can I keep you?" My eyes open quickly after I hear his words and stare at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I ask his eyes then turn a shade darker.

"I want you to be mine."