Chapter 18

Two months earlier

I stayed home from school because I had been feeling sick, mom told me I needed to rest so I can calm my fever. She left for work and I laid sick on the bed feeling like complete shit.

I'd been laying on my bed staring up at the ceiling blankly for almost half an hour, until I jumped hearing the front door downstairs being slammed shut.

My eyebrows furrow in confusion wondering who it could be. Evans was at school, mom was at work, and dads shift doesn't end till late at night. Nobody was supposed to be home except for me.

I tiptoed off my bed and opened my door slowly trying my best not to make any noise. I walked down the steps quietly and careful not to make a sound.

Once I'm downstairs I'm met with my father having sex with a women who wasn't my mother on our own couch.

My eyes widen at the horrible scene, I felt broken that my father would do something like this to my mother.

The women then noticed I'd caught them, I then realized it was our next door neighbor Alice who has a husband and two little girls.

My dad stared at me wide eyes lost at words.

"How could you do this to mom?" I ask balling my fist as I stare at Alice who's failing at covering her naked body.

"Your own mate!" I shout and he looks down in guilt then looks back up at me.

"You don't understand Adelaide." He tells me and I'm shaking from anger.

"I do fucking understand! You're a cheater! I'm going to tell mom and she'll never forgive you!" I shout.

"Get out." I turn to the naked whore and she just stares at me.

"Get the fuck out before I kill you!" I shout and she was quick to run out the house completely naked.

It was quiet for a while until my father spoke up. "Your mother will never believe you, she loves me too much." He tells me with a small chuckle and I stare at him with disbelief. "If you tell her, you're going to ruin this family."

Present day

I've been hiding it from my mother for three months now. I knew she wouldn't believe me if I told her, the mate bond is stronger then anything in the world. I knew that now that I had a mate, I wanted my mate even after all the shit he's done to me and I knew my mother would feel the same way. But I knew what was right, I couldn't be with a monster like him.

I didn't want to be the one to ruin the small family we have, I didn't want to have to tell my mother and see her broken, I didn't want her to turn her back on me and think I was lying then push me away out of her life for trying to break the family apart. I just couldn't.

After all that happened with Aiden I felt like there was this huge weight being pushed on my shoulders, and I felt I wasn't strong enough to face my mother.

As months and days passed by I wanted to stop the act and tell her, but I believed my dad when he said she would never believe me. It didn't matter that I was her daughter, she would choose him over me in a heartbeat.

It was a secret I can never tell because it would only lead back to me and break me even more then I already am.

"Adelaide you've been day dreaming for literally ten minutes, we're here." Murphy snaps me out of my thoughts and I groan getting out of his car and walking with Murphy by my side into the school.

I hope Aiden isn't here.