Chapter 5

"You? She doesn't want you. Why would she want the mate who rejected her? You must be really fucking stupid thinking she'd ever want you after what you did to her Aiden Lockwood." John spits saying Aidens name with disgust like if it was poison on his tongue.

John pulls me lightly behind him shielding me from Aiden. A loud growl was then heard and I could've sworn the whole fucking woods shook.

"She does, she's mine." His words confused the hell out of me.

Why was he saying these things when he rejected me? When he left me in the woods not even giving me a second look when leaving me in pain.

"Maybe he wants a second chance Addy, give him a second chance!" Forest begs but I ignore her.

I then step away from behind John and my eyes meet Aidens hazel ones. I stare at him with disgust. I wanted to show him I felt nothing for him, I fucking hated him for what he did to me. I could've sworn I caused a guilty look on his beautiful face for only a second then he covered it up with a blank expression.

I looked away from Aiden and my eyes set on John smiling warmly at me and I returned a fake one. "Thank you John for everything. I'm going to go now I just really want to be alone." I tell him and he nods his head understanding then shoots Aiden a deathly glare before he leaves.

I was about to leave after John, but Aidens strong arms pulled me by my waist and held on tightly as I was held against his chest with me facing away from him staring off to where I was supposed to be walking away, away from this mess. I could feel his heavy breathing hitting my ear as he kisses it causing shivers to run all over my body but I quickly push him away remembering how much pain he's put me through.

He growls and I turn around ready to tell him off but I stopped, when I was now staring into Aidens pitch black eyes.

My eyes widen and I step away from him in fear. He then steps closer and pushes me up against a tree.

I gasp as he takes off his black T-shirt revealing his muscular chest, I quickly look away not wanting him to notice my gawking.

"Take off that shirt!" He shouts at me and I stare at him with wide eyes.

I don't bother taking off the shirt, but that didn't stop him from ripping it off my body. His eyes traveled up and down my body and he licks his lips, then he puts his shirt over my small frame gently, surprising me by the soft gesture.

"That's better, I can't smell him on you anymore." He says pushing a piece of hair behind my ear.

"His wolf is trying to control himself around us. But he doesn't need to do that! Let's just jump his bones right here!" Forest says and I completely block her out after that.

After all he's done, she wants to mate with him? Gosh my wolf is so stupid.

I hesitantly looked up at him. The swirls of emotion I saw there made me gasp. Lust and desire. However, before I could ponder about it further, he pulled my face towards him and covered my mouth with his in a hungry kiss. As our lips crushed together, I felt like I was walking on air. It was magic, the way his lips connected with mine. His mouth was so warm, the caress of Aidens lips softer than I could have imagined. But I just had to stop it, it wasn't right even though it felt so good.

I stare into his now hazel eyes that are no longer black, he stares at me with a small smile but I don't bother returning it. I had to do this, I needed to be strong.

"I Adelaide Woodlyn accept your-" Before I can finish my sentence he brought me into another amazing kiss then pulls away laying his forehead against mine.

"Please don't finish that sentence." He begs me sounding desperate.

"I thought you didn't want me." I say and he caresses my cheek with his warm soft palm.

"I-I don't know what I want." He stutters and pulls away.

"Well come to me when you've figured out your shit." I spit then walk away from him, this time he didn't bother stopping me.