Chapter 24

Michael's pov
As she slept, I was throwing on my clothes. The cops knocked on the door and told me it was time to leave. I left a note on the dresser next to her bed. I kiss her goodbye and I make my way downstairs.

"You ready?" Office Poland ask me. I sight but I give him my answer. "Yeah." He has to take me to court where the judge will let me choose one of the offers.

It's pretty obvious which one I will choose. It was my fate.

Before we went to the court. We stopped by the hospital to she my sister and my mother.

"Simone Carter and Jennet Ford?" The receptionist tells me there room numbers and I head to the elevators. I have to sets of flowers in my hand. Lilies and roses.

"Hi my beautiful angels" They gasp when they see me. The black eye on my face and bruised chin is noticeable. "Hi my baby boy! Are you alright!" Going over to her I give her a hug then I do the same to Simone. "I missed you big brother" she cries out. I kiss her on her cheek and told her "I missed you to sweetheart."

"These are for you guys." The smile and take the flowers from me. "How's everything?"

"Well they stitched up some of my cuts and they did testing on mom."

"You okay mommy?" I asked her. She's been through a lot and I didn't even think she would have to go through that ever again. I feel like I failed her.

Both of them.

"Guys. I don't have much time. I need to go to court to make a decision...." They looked confused but urged me to continue. "It's either jail and therapy for 6 years or joking the Marines for 6 years."

"That's bullshit! You didn't do anything wrong. That bastard deserved what he got."

I smirk at my crazy sister.

"Well the cops think so too. But I had stabbed him too many times. Making me seem like I have IED. To the world I would be a ticking time bomb waiting to happen. And besides. I signed up for the army any way. This could be our chance. I can help with bills and pay for your college and anything you need."

I try to reason with them. They go to speak but officer Poland says it's time to go.

"I love you guys. And I'm so sorry you had to go through this." I hug and kiss them. I turn around quickly so I don't see them crying. It hurts me but I have to do this. I literally only have two choices.

We hop back in the car and head down to the court.

When we get there. It's only a few police a judge Herman.

"Look. I'm not going to sugar coat nothing kid but, to me. You are not a murderer. Maybe a little anger but that's something you can learn." He speaks with a heavy accent. "Now let's get to the point. What do you choose?"

I sigh. My answer was easy.

I chose the life I wanted.