Chapter 17

Happy fourth everybody! I hope you all have a wonderful day. I know I'm not. Be safe my lovely readers. I love you all.
*****************************

The next morning consisted of me and Simone talking. I told her to text my new phone number that my brother had given me.
We've been texting non stop about random things.

I asked her had she heard from her brother. But she told me they are only allowed to send mail to each other. No phones.

I felt bad for them. I wonder what kind of training camp he is going to? I was about to ask when my mother burst through my door. Before she could see it, I tucked my phone under my crossed legs. "Yes dear mother..?"
"I've come to a decision.....we can go get your belly pierced. You've been good and I think it would do you some good to get outside."

"Be ready in 5 minutes"

She walks out of my room leaving me to get ready. Hoping up and yawning, I walk to my bathroom to brush my rancid morning breath.

I do my morning routine and throw on some leggings and a sweater. I know it's hot but I'm weird like that.

I grab my ipod and ear phones.

We walk into the car and head straight to the tattoo parlor.

"Why did you decided that you wanted a belly piercing?.." I thought about it for a couple of minutes before replying. "Just wanted to try something new.." victory!!! I'm proud I didn't stutter with her for the first time.
"Hmm well that's a good reply, I guess." She chuckles pulling in Simms Tattoos.

"Hello ma'am? How can I help you?" The worker ask. "My daughter here wants her belly pierced. Is anyone available...preferably woman?"

Internally I'm rolling my eyes. The man looks at her with a shocked and interested expression. "Sorry doll. It's only men here today. And we're going to be closing for the week after today. This is a family business and we have somewhere to be."

He looks to me then back to my mom. "My names Simm, owner of this little ole tattoo shop."

"Christie.....well look can we just get this over with."

He nods and leads us to the back room. His shop was nice. Right on top of a motorcycle shop. He also has a bar and pool area in the back. The place smells sanitary and tattoo ink. It's actually a pleasant smell if you ask me.

"You can sit here. I'll be cleaning the utensils I'll be using." He says. My moms phone rings and she steps out the room. She's not far because I can see her. "What's your name kid?"

"R-Royalty."

"Royalty McCoy?"

I start sweating. "How do you-"

"Your boyfriend wouldn't shut up about ya." Simm laughs.

Wait? Boyfriend?

"Who's-"

"Micheal. He comes here a the time to get tats. He just finished getting his knuckles done. Haven't heard from the kid."

He picks up the needle and comes towards me. I grip the seat as he gets closer. "He uh h-he's at camp." He face shifts but then goes back to normal. "Hmm"

He tells me lift up my shirt just as my moms come in. "Hold my hand please" I plead. I loved the way piercings looked. I just hated pain, specifically needles.

She grabs my hand and I begin to grip her hand as he pierces me.

"Ah" I whimper.

~*~

I stare down at my new belly piercing. Two stubs shine in the light.

I'm cleaning it like SIMM had told me to do.

"Thanks mom!" I yell out knowing she heard me.

Sometimes, I wish she was more relaxed like this.