Chapter 7

I've been doing homework all night. You would think I would be tired or upset but I'm not. I've done all my homework for the week. I couldn't put my books down.

  I've learned somethings in science, sex ed to be exact. You guys should have seen my face in class. I knew about periods and stuff but what I didn't know is that you had to have sex to make babies but you had to be careful because you could catch a disease. Ways to prevent pregnancy was using a condom or by being on birth control.

  I felt corrupted. My mind won't erase the memories. I've also learned that I'm a virgin. A person who never has had sex. Maybe this is why they didn't want me to go to school? They didn't want me to learn this stuff?

  I close my book 'Born at Midnight' it's a shadow falls novel and it's really good. After sliding my book back in it's rightful  place, I head downstairs to see what my parents were doing.

"Dad!? Mom!?" I got no response so o just went back upstairs to their room.

   "Shh keep it down!" A voice whisper yells "Ah! I'm sorry!" Honestly I was confused but hearing this I got uncomfortable. I don't know why but I did.

   The sounds continued and eventually I walked away slowly back into my room taking a shower. Wishing the noise would get out of my head.

~*~
      When I woke up, I quickly jumped out of bed. Today feels special and I'm excited! I brush my teeth, wash my face and moisturized. After I throw on my Thursday fit.
  I ran downstairs to see my mom all giddy and smiling. She had a bright glow to her and it was quite appealing. I was happy to see my mother like this. "Hi honey!" Throwing my bag down, I slowly sit down not exactly looking her in the eye. "What's wrong sweetheart?" "Um can we just talk about it later..."

   She comes over and rubs my back in a motherly way. "Well it might ruin your whole mood if you don't speak now. You never know when the world will end." She laughs. When I sigh she asks me again. "Last night, I heard noises"

  Her being quiet makes me look up. She's not looking at me. She's looking at my father who just had walking in the dining room. "Um Daddy and I were just playing."
   It kind of put me at ease but I didn't want to question it so I let it slide.

Ding dong!

We all look at each other in confusion. "Um I'll get it!" I make my way to the door with my mother right behind me. Of course she chose to come. When I open the door I'm surprised to see Simone.

"Hey Roy! I came here to ask if you wanted to walk with us?" Behind me I hear my mother say 'Us?' "Um yeah. Me and my brother..." My mothers while demeanor had changed after she said brother. "Well I was going to take her to school, maybe another time." After she said that she closed the door.

"Mom! Why can't I walk with them?" She turns around with a hateful look on her face. "You don't need to walk with him! He's a bad influence!"

"He's not even that bad! He's really sweet and nice to me!" After my words, I knew I had messed up. "You've been talking to him!! I knew I shouldn't have let you go to school! Have you been texting him?"

I eagerly shake my head no. "Give me your phone!!!" My body started to heat up, I felt hot and I didn't want to be here anymore.

  So I dropped my bag and ran.