Chapter 3

Surprisingly, the neighbors  I house wasn't that's far from our. Literally, it's was next door. The sweat on my palms have me rubbing my hand on my jeans. "Nervous Royalty?"     Subconsciously I nod my head, I'm not even paying attention to them.

   I'm looking at the modern two--well three story house. It's a lovely home, Matted black walls, a clean yard, stairs that led to the front door. I like it.

  It's something you see out of a movie. "Royalty! Your father is speaking to you!" I flinch back from her harsh tone. "S-sorry mother."

  "Never mind, lets go before we are late." She hates being late, even if it's only one minute. The woman had a bad case of OCD, which I also obtained, but it's not as bad, I just have the need to clean or organize my surroundings to my liking before I get comfortable or I tend to trace things with my mind or finger.

  Weird I know but it's the way I live.

  We head up to our neighbors front door. Gracefully my mother rings the door bell and we wait patiently, in the distance we can hear an 'I'm coming!' While we wait.

"Remember, both of you be on your best behavior!" We nod our heads at her, she can be so controlling and I don't understand how my father can put up with her.

The door opens and an average height woman with brown hair opens the door.

  "Hello, you must be the new neighbors!" Her Australian accent is thick and it hits me hard, she sticks out her hand and shakes each of ours. Once she invites us in, I take in her decor.

  It's nice on the inside. Black and white is her theme. It very beautiful the way the colors contrast each other. "Dinner is ready, I hope you all don't mind taco, beans and rice. My kids had been begging me for this." She laughs at herself.

   She seems like a nice woman, she looks young too, maybe in her thirties? I brush off the thought of her age, I feel as if it's a bit rude to pry into her life like that, even if she doesn't know.

"You have a lovely home Ms.Ford! This is my husband, Jason and my only daughter, Royalty, and I'm Christie McCoy." They smile brightly at each other, but in reality they are comparing each other.

The look in their eyes gives it away. Every woman does this. They look at each other, finding their weaknesses and abilities. They compare each other's body and quality. The way they keep themselves up. Only to see if they would be a suitable friend to each other.

I've read about this in a book.
'How to Understand Woman'
It helped a lot. It taught me not to trust easily, not that I have anyone to see if they can earn it.

"Hold on please--Simone! You and your brother get down here!"

When I turn my head, I froze. She has a son! I can finally speak to a boy! My thoughts are quickly shit down when my mom grips my shoulder roughly as a warning to behave.

I hiss but quickly recover when I see a beautiful ebony girl, she had flawless skin and in her hair were braids. "This is my daughter Simone...where is your brother?"

"Getting ready." She states. "Hi I'm Simone!" She cheerfully speaks as she steps towards me.
"I-I'm Royalty" I say, wanting to punch myself for stuttering, but sadly I could help it. I got nervous. This is my first time meeting a person and possibly a new friend my age, but I'm already screwing up. "Your really pretty and I love your hair." I smile softly and give her a quiet 'Thank you' I take the time to examine her, she didn't look like her mother, she also didn't have an accent not to mention, she has darker skin.

Maybe she has a differ father from her brother? Or she was adopted.

I shake the thought. I won't pry into it much.