Chapter 5

When morning came, I woke up bright and early. I was so excited that I could do back flips. Turning off my alarm and run to the bathroom to wash, brush, floss and flush. I go to my dresser and pulled out my outfit that I chose to wear for school. I thought back to last night. Micheal saw me run into my room and that's why he was blowing up my phone. He wanted to make sure I was okay.

I splashed nearly hot water on my cheeks so it would look like I was blushing so hard. I know you could barely see it but my parents were observant.

After throwing on my simple outfit, I rush down the stairs yanking my dads are to take me to school. "Come on, I wanna go to school." He chuckles at my enthusiasm, but I can't help that I'm excited!

"Eat first." He simply said so I went to the kitchen to grab and apple, water and two granola bars.

"Okay, come on!" I say with apple bits in my mouth. We hop in the truck and head to Kingston High. My terrible shaking leg habit starts up. "Hey, it's okay. You'll be fine. Just remember the rules."

Thanks for the talk dad.

Once again, I roll my eyes and stare out the window. My excitement perks back up when I see kids walking and getting out of the bus.

There are so many kids. I start to feel. Self conscious. I've never really been around teenagers like that so I don't know how they dress or talk or socialize.

"Your mom will pick you up right after school. So as soon as the bell rings, go to the front okay?"

I nod and kiss his cheek. I step out of the car and head towards the building.

This school is huge. I feel like I'm in High School Musical. I wonder if they do that here? That would be so cool, but then again it wouldn't because I can't sing.

My dad already had my schedule printed out so I didn't need to go to the office. School starts at 8:30 and it's 8:00 right now so I decided to find my locker.

My locker number is 922 and the map says they are located up stairs. Once I get up stairs I find my locker only to see it has words on it.

"Cum dumpster?" What the freak is that? "Wanker?" This words are so foreign, do they even have a meaning?!

Sighing I try and scrape off the words. I couldn't get the u and k off.

Any way I open my locker and stuff my unnecessary things inside, I also decorate it to make it look nicer. "Hi!" I jump from a cheery voice. It was a little squeaky for my liking but I didn't want to seem rude. "Umm h-hi" I stutter out of nervousness. "I'm Karla! Nice to meet you! You must be the new girl?"

I nod for a little bit, but then I realize I haven't said my name "I-I'm Royalty M-McCoy.."

"I like your name!" She states closing my locker and putting an arm on my shoulder. I'm starting to feel uncomfortable, I can tell she's the type that gets comfortable easily.

I try to shrug her off but she doesn't budge. "Karla, stop. Can't you see she's uncomfortable!." A familiar voice rings through the hallway.

Simone comes to my rescue.

"Oh sorry I didn't know." "You never do, you always push yourself on to people and that's why they don't feel comfortable around you. Just watch yourself next time." Simone finalizes the convo.

Her face shows confidence and beauty. Something I wish I had.

"Come on Roy" I smile at her calling me my nickname. I think she's the only person I'm comfortable to be around. "Mind if I see you schedule?"

"N-no not at all" I hand her my paper and she starts to read it.

"Sweet 3 classes out of six. We have first together so you can follow me. I'll be you your guide!" She says in a professional voice and gives me a bow.

I giggle at her antics and follow her to our class.

                 £

We make it to class before the bell rings. I hand my teacher my paper and she looks at it. "Please stay here so I can introduce you. My name is Ms.Taylor by the way." I shaker her hand and nod.

The class starts to fill in and Ms.Taylor announces that I'm new. "Please tell us you name and one thing about you."

"H-hi I'm Royalty M-McCoy and I-I love to draw or paint." I don't look at the crowd of students but I can feel there gazes in me. "Yes Ms.Gonzales." I here my teacher speak.

Looking up I she a brunette looking me up and down biting her lip. "Your really pretty"

"Thanks." I sat quietly. The class mummers and some agree with her. "Come sit by me" she says.

She seems friendly so I do. Also Simone sits in front of us next to this red headed boy.

"Alright class..." Ms.Taylor starts.

I take out my notebook and pencil, my breath hitches when I feel a hand on my thigh. "I hope you like it here. I can tell we're going to be close friends." I shift slightly in my seat giving a nervous chuckle. "Uh um well maybe" Her touching my thigh makes me very uncomfortable. My mother always told me to never let anyone get close to my 'special place' as she likes to call it.

I recall asking her how come daddy get too. I asked because I seen him cupping her special place. My 6 year old self wondered why, she said that he's aloud to because that's her husband.

"Um can you please move you hand." She snorts at me "Come on you like it. I know you do"

She inches higher almost touching me there.

"I think she said stop"