Chapter 10

It's been three weeks since the incident.

I have been trapped up here in my room. I'm not allowed out of it. Luckily my parents decided to give me my things back but now they are monitoring who I talk to and what I do in social media, which I decided to delete since I don't follow any one. The weeks that past gave me time to catch up on homeschooling because, you know?, I still need my credits!

'So are you coming back to school?' Simone asked me on her brothers white board. Over the weeks we have gotten extremely close. 'I don't know. I'll try to ask soon. I want to go through the whole graduation process!"

'I want you too. I just wish you parents weren't so. I don't know...strict' I nod in agreement.

I wonder where Mikey is?

Yup that's his new nick name. I think it suited him. 

A tap on my window has me looking in her direction.

'Sorry. I couldn't get your attention.'

'It's fine.'

'So. What going on between you and my brother? You know he likes you right?'

I blush just thinking about him.

He consumes my mind most of the day.

'Simone...I really like him. But I don't think he likes me like that. He may care for me but I don't know'

She smiles sadly at me.

'He does. He just needs to admit that he does to himself.'

'Where is he?'

'A place'

I guess I am being a little intruding but I can't help it.

I give her an 'okay'

Suddenly foot steps approached my bedroom door so I quickly take action to throw my paper away and sit on my bed pretending to read on my phone.

"What are you doing?"

"Reading"

My dad comes towards me and takes my phone. "Why do you guys always do this!?" I'm tired of being treated like this. They check my phone everyday! Like who could I possibly talk to if they changed my number and I deleted social media! He looks at me and sighs. The guilty expression he gives me makes me wonder why. "It's for your own good"

He hands me back my phone. "Please tell me. Don't you think I deserve to know? At least give me an understanding so that I won't continue to hate you guys! Even though I don't want to"

He quickly turns with a heated expression but softens it when he see's me. "You're my little girl and I will not lose you."

He kisses my forehead while hugging me.

When he's done he walks out muttering to himself.