Chapter 8

**A/N real quick, sorry I frogot it was Saturday :D But IT'S SATURDAY! That means... UPDATE! :D In a week and a few days i'll be leaving for Tasmania for orchestra band tour, which means I won't have much access to Wattpad. Which means one of my best friends Bree has agreed to updating on a Saturday for me :) So yay! :) Ok on with the chapter!! P.S sorry this is shorter. P.P.S I might start doing dedications :D  **

Chapter 8

"I've never seen her get that angry." Luke mutters to Michael.

"Get!" I scream. Luke looks up like a deer in the headlights.

"I'm sorry Ali!" Michael states before hugging me.

"Sorry Ali!" Ashton says and hugs me once Michael lets go.

"I'm sorry too!" Luke says going in for a hug but I dodge it, still not exactly over what he said last night. He looks at me confused. I just ignore him and gesture towards the door. All of them leave to clean up, with just Calum and I  remaining in my bedroom. I just let the tears fall. I never cry in front of people, the only people I cry in front of is Luke and Calum. I take a seat on my bed and Cal kneels in front of me.

"Please don't cry," he pleads.

"Why not?" I ask crying harder.

"Because your way too pretty to cry and I wanna see your absolutely breath taking smile," Cal says. I look up and smile at him. Tears still rolling down my cheek. Cal reaches up and wipes away the tears with his thumb.

"See? There's that smile," he states. I just smile even more. He brings me into a hug and we just sit there for a moment.

"What's wrong?" he asked after a while.

"Last night…" and I recounted the scene in the kitchen, Luke calling me a bitch and telling me to 'hook up' with someone. I know it's petty but it still hurt. 

"He was drunk," Calum said.

"Drunk people are the most honest people," I reply. He just  frowned and shook his head. He bought me into his chest as we lay on my bed.

"I like moments like these," I say.

"Why?" he asks.

"I know this sounds cheesy, but they’re so simple, yet so powerful. Just knowing that I’m alive and breathing and happy, and able to... feel things." I say.

"I like cheesy," he says kissing the top of my head. 

"Will you come to Macca's with me for breakfast?" I ask.

"Sure," he replies grinning. We get changed, and then I grab my purse and long board before handing Cal my penny. We then skate to Macca's which is only around the corner. We order and sit down making light conversation.

"Let's play a game," Cal states.

"Ok, what game?" I reply.

"Staring contest," he says. We used to play this all the time in 8th grade because no one ended up winning because Calum and I were always the best at it.

"Ok, your going down Hood," I say.

"Uh huh keep dreaming Bestoff," he replies cheekily.

"Ready set go," I say and we start.

"Oh my god your Calum Hood and Alanah Bestoff," some teenage girl states. We just continue our staring contest.

"Calum," she states.

"Sorry," he says still staring at me.

"We're having a staring contest, we always used to have them in 8th grade but we never decided the champion," I continued.

"So we're finally deciding who shall take the trophy," Calum concludes. The girl just continues to try to get Calum to look at her. Suddenly my head is blocked by another and she leans in and kisses Calum smack on the lips. Jealousy hits me all at once and I just squeeze my eyes shut and grab my drink before standing up and running out of the restaurant. All of a sudden, just before I hop on my longboard I feel an arm grab my wrist.

"What's wrong gorgeous?" Calum asks me.

"I just- I just got um- jealous…" I say. He looks at me with a look of realization and brings me in for a tight hug.

"I understand," he says before kissing my head and we rock back and forth on the pavement.

"I'm sorry," I say.

"What for?" he asks confused.

"That you've had to feel that way before," I reply.

"Don't apologize because now we both know how the other feels," Calum states.

"Yea I guess," I say.

"Come on, let's head home and make sure the boys aren't throwing anymore parties," he states. I huff.

"Too soon?" he asks. 

"Wayyyy too soon," I reply.