Over thinking

I needed to think of a way to get my dad to wake up. But how, it's not like I can walk into Arkham and say I want to see my mother. They wouldn't let me see her since she's a critical patient and they would go tell the league about my arrival. I could sneak in, it would be easy but I would be gone for too long and someone is bound to notice. 

"(Y/N)...." 

And I'm sure they have security if someone like me came in looking for someone. This is going to be tough. 

"(Y/N)!" I jumped in the green couch I was sitting on, Megan stood in front of me shaking my shoulder and Artemis was next to her having her hand on her hip. 

"I uh sorry about that..." I said shaking my head they looked at each other with worried looks then went back to me.

"We were here for five minutes," Megan said and I looked at my palms.

"I was just deep in thought...." I said looking at a glass of water on the coffee table in front of me. 

"Hey!" Artemis said clapping her hands making me jump once again. "Don't go zoning out on us again." I nodded and stood from my seat. Grabbing my glass I went over to the kitchen.

"You've been blacking out a lot these past few days." I hummed in response washing out the glass. 

"Is this about your dad?" Megan said making the glass slip out from my hands, it sat in the sink with a slight crack. I let out a sigh and looked at the crack.

"No, I just..." I didn't know how to cover up for how I've been acting. "Haven't been sleeping well." I looked at them and of course, neither of them bought it. But Artemis's face showed a sudden smirk. I didn't know what to think of that facial expression.

"Is that because of a certain boyfriend of yours." She said and I was confused for a second until I realized what she meant.

"What.... Where did you hear that?" I said not looking her in the eye.

"We just heard him and Baywatch talking about it while coming to find you." She grinned at me, so now everyone knows. This is embarrassing. I rubbed my hand up and down my arm.

"It's not because of that, just bad dreams," I said and Artemis shook her head.

"Whatever you say, but I still don't believe you." I could hear Spandex and Robin coming into the room so I drew my attention by to the glass I cracked. Making my hand boiling hot I started fixing the glass.

"Hey speaking of the devil. We were just talking about you." I ignored the conversation and moved my finger up the glass and soon I had finished.

"(Y/N)!"

"Ah!" I said dropping the glass but quickly stopping it in mid air. I took a deep breath in. I looked to the side where everyone stood and put the glass down.forget about that damn glass.

"Are you ok?" I nodded my head at Robin's comment.

"Apparently it's because of a lack of sleep," Artemis said nudging Robin's side and I blushed again. I could also see Spandex grinning beside them.

"All you people are disgusting, I'll be at the beach." I quickly teleported to the beach outside of the mountain. If I went any further they would think something worse was up. I watched as the waves came close to my feet and moved away. Sitting down I sat there for a while. I haven't been to see dad since what happened worried my mother will hurt him more if I came. I wonder if she knows when I'm not there. This is why I haven't been sleeping, no rude reason. It's been a week and I still can't think of anything to help him other than finding my mum. I could hear footsteps behind me at first I thought it was Artemis trying to talk to me about my 'lack of sleep' or Megan wanting to know what Artemis as even talking about, the poor girl with her pure soul. But I turned to see Robin and he sat next to me.

"What's this about you not getting enough sleep?" He said and I looked away from the view to him.

"Oh you know perfectly well what she meant by that," I said and he just laughed.

"Well yeah obviously." He mumbled to himself, but I still heard. "But seriously are you ok, the last few days you've been...."

"Thinking, I just haven't been getting enough sleep." He looked at me and then nodded putting his hands behind him and looking out.

"What about?"

"Just something that happened when I went to see dad," I whispered staring down at the sand. I heard him shift. Wait does he know something.

"Is it about your mother and your dad's coma?" He said and I looked at him.

"You knew?" I said and he nodded.

"After they examined her it was as if she was dead. She did something to your dad so that as long as she's in her coma then he will be too." Taking a shaky breath I looked back out to the sea. This makes it even more impossible for me help dad.

"I'm going to figure out how to save my dad," I said pulling my legs closer towards me  and feeling myself being brought closer to Robin by his arm.