A sweet lie and the bitter truth

Why did I have to go to school today. I groaned as I sat down eating my lunch. I could easily go home but Mum always knows when I skip school and whenever I ask she always says mothers intuition. I was on the school's roof like always. No one ever comes out here, mostly because the doors 'locked' So I can stay up here away from everyone. My feet were hanging over the edge and I sighed and tilted my head back. 

"Hi

"Hi." I almost fell off the edge seeing Robin there.

"What the frick are you going here?" I jumped up. 

"This is where we put the bio-ship when at your school. It's more out of the way here." Megan spoke. I for some reason remember all their names after this morning.

"Ok, but still why?" I went to grab my food but It wasn't there. I looked over at spandex eating my apple. I teleported next to him and hit it out of his hand.  

"Idiot spandex why the hell are you eating my lunch. I slaved a whole day at school before I could eat that." I frowned and his the side of his head.

"Hey... We came back because we need your help." I stopped myself fro hurting him anymore. I looked at everyone. 

"Why do you need me?" 

"You're the key to our forgotten memories and we need to know if you remember anything." That warehouse. 

"I remember going to a warehouse all the time, but for some reason, I stopped. I don't know why."

"That's our first stop." Aqua lad said. 

Time skip to the warehouse.

"You all do realize I could get in big trouble for not being in school," I spoke while looking around at the huge empty hollow building. 

"Don't worry I took care of it," Robin said as we continued to look around. 

"How so?" 

"Remember why we're here." Aqua lad spoke. I pouted and crossed my arms.

"Yeah, yeah I know," I said as I placed my hand on the ground. Wow, how didn't I notice this before? 

"There's a huge underground map ways." I stood back up and came to the center of the room.

"And the entrance is right here," I said as I blew the dirt away with a flick of my hand. I electrocuted the metal hatch and it swung open. Their faces dropped and I just shook my head and walked in.

"Come on I don't have all day." I waved at them. The place looked abandoned and I knew it was because there was no one in the whole maze. But still I couldn't help but feel that I. 

Flash back

  "Why don't you open the hatch and tell me that to my face." Then the hatch opened. Ha, it worked, but this might not end well. The room was white and I couldn't see anyone. After walking through the hatch door closed. Although the room was white I could see that a fight happened in here. It was a good sign that is was in the right place. I guessed that they wanted me to head to the next room to kill me or something like that. I stood at one of the doors and it opened on me. As soon as guns were fired. I used the two Katanas to chop through the bullets.  

End of flash back

"I came here to save all of you." I breathed out. 

"I remember!" I shouted and jumped up and down. I ran through the halls trying to remember more. Hearing my name being called I slowed a little. I was in the center of a huge room that I didn't even know was here. I breathed heavily as the others made it to the room.

"What's with the sudden burst of energy?" My mind was blank, something about this room seems off. I know I've been here before but not when I came to save the team. I looked around the room. Nothing, the room was blank, nothing on the walls. I remember almost every room being filled with stuff. 

"Someones watching us." Superboy spoke up. Right after that the doors shut. I tried to reopen them the same way with the first door but nothing happened. 

"(Y/N) what are you doing here?" I followed the voice and saw mum standing on the other side of the room. 

"Mum why are you here?" I questioned her stepping forward. I was grabbed by Robin before I could move any further towards mum. 

"(Y/N) don't." He said and I looked back at mum.

"(Y/N) come here and get away from those people." She said clenching onto her clipboard she was holding.

"Why should I?" I snapped back. She seemed surprised. 

"Because I'm your mother and you listen to me!" She yelled.  Looking into her eyes I only saw hate and anger. Rage was radiating off her. I took a step back and I was in another room. 

Memory

I saw my dad tied to a chair and me standing by his side talking to someone. 

"What do you want with me?" The whole room was dark but for the light shining above my head. 

"To tell you the truth." The woman wore the same hatred that mum had before. I walked around the room.

"There is no truth to be told from you," Dad spoke trying to get out of the chair.

"So you never did tell our daughter about that day." She laughed a little and as my dad struggled in the seat. The stared at the scene. This memory............

"It's no use, where not going anywhere until we discuss the fire." I looked over at her than dad again. 

They continued to talk as I was trying to put everything together. My life has been I lie, what happened? What fire?

  "Your mother did die in that fire." That one line brought my true memories back. Mum died in the fire, I remember the funeral and...... and my thoughts stopped as the memory continued. 

"That day your mother was working on the serum and something went wrong." He started. "Your mother she used your blood to make to serum, it made a strong connection with your blood and....."

"That's when your father came in and blew up the lab." 

"She was going to use that serum to make an army and sell it to the highest buyer." My father turned to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"Like I said your mother died in that fire." She walked around to the other side of the lab turning on the lights. 

end of the memory

I was standing back in the same room again. 

"It was you. You did this to us!" I shouted with tears in my eyes.

"W-what are you talking about h-honey." She said shocked by the fact I shouted. Her heartbeat rose.

"I know when people are lying." I glared at her as I grit my teeth.

"You're the one who took our memories."