Chapter 14

Alixs POV

I flinched at the sound of the door slamming. It's like, the noise brought some sense into me. He didn't love me! He couldn't care less about what happened to me. But I couldn't hide the fact that I loved him. I just couldn't. It would be too hard. He's too tempting. Why does this have to be so difficult? Why is HE so difficult? I just don't know what to do about it or him. I can't believe he thought I was sleeping with my own twin! That's ridiculous! And weird!

I felt a tear roll down my cheek and my eyes turned to face the floor.

"You ok?" Alex asked.

"Honestly?" I said letting another tear escape.

"Of course honestly." he replied suppressing a smile.

"No, I'm not ok. I'm broken and no one cares. No one is trying to help me heal. It's like I've been burned to ashes and everyone keeps stomping on them! And the worst part is, the person who is trampling them at this moment, is the person I can't help but love no matter how much of an ass he is."

"Hey! Don't say that! I care! I'll always care, I'll never leave you. I wouldn't leave you for the world."

I heard the door creek open, I turned around and saw Austin, with a tear-stained, red face.

"Have you seen my phone?" he asked not looking at either of us although I knew he was talking to me.

I pulled it out of my back pocket, placed it in his open hand, and watched his eyes travel up to my face then watched his hand rise slowly as if to try and comfort me. But sadly, it dropped back down. And he turned and left. But this time he left the door open and I stood there painstakingly and watched as he left me, again.

I felt a hand fall onto my shoulder and I was turned around and pulled into Alex's arms. I sobbed until we laid down and my eyes were so heavy and swollen that I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~

Austin's POV

I hurt. I hurt everywhere. Why did I feel this way? What was I feeling? And what's with the tears? I never cry?! talk like I let one fall and now there's freaking rivers! Of course when I finally started getting over it, I realized I didn't know where my phone was and I had to go back and ask her for it. By her tear-stained face I figured I wasn't the only broken one. It was her fault anyways. She was the one who was in the wrong.

I walked back to my house, sat on my bed, wrapped my blanket around my shoulders and stared at my phone laying only a few feet to my right. Should I text her? No. She should text me. I was right and she can't deny it. But then again, was I? Did I do everything wrong and just blame it on her?

I got it! I know how I'll win her back! I just need to figure out how to make her go along with it.

Alixs POV

I got up early the next morning and walked to the bathroom. I stared into the mirror and let out a huge sigh. A sigh I've been holding for too long.

I was a mess and it was all Austin's fault. How could someone mess me up so easily? How could he ruin me like this? I don't even know. And quite frankly, I don't even care. I just need a break. I need to relieve myself from all of this stress. And I know exactly how.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I left Alex a note on the kitchen counter telling him I was heading to the basketball court at the gym and if he wanted to when he gets up he can meet me there. I pulled out a pair of Alex's basketball shorts and one of his nike shirts that said 'We came. We saw. We kicked butt.' with the swish underneath it. I grabbed his bag with his ball and his gym shoes and headed out.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I arrived and was the only one there.

'Yes I get the good court!' I thought to myself.

I did everything I possibly could. Lay-ups. Form shooting. Dribbling practice. 3-pointers. Free throws. Jump-shots. And I still wasn't even breaking a sweat.

I knew exactly what that meant.

It meant all of my sadness and anger was still inside of me. It meant I was still broken and I couldn't find the pieces.

There was only one other thing I could think of that would let out my anger, my sadness, and some other stuff.

~~~~~~~~~

Austin's POV

I text Alex but he didn't respond. If I couldn't get to him there was no way I was going to get to her.

I need to get to her. I need to make this right. I got dressed and left my house towards the mall with my guitar. Singing will make me feel better.

I hope.

~~~~~~~~~

What do you guys think Alix is going to do? What do you think Austin's plan to get her back is?

850 reads for the next chapter!!!!!