Chapter 22

Allies POV

I woke up the next morning to Alex jumping on the bed.

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" He yelled, his voice faltering every time his feet hit the mattress.

I groaned. "No!" Immediately I pulled the covers over my head.

"You have to!"

"I don't want to!"

"But you have to!"

"Why?"

"Because I said so." Alex exclaimed finally sitting down and sticking his head under the covers to look at me.

"Tell me why and I'll get up."

"You told me you would go with me to the mall today." His smile turned into a pout.

I shot up. "Alex? You are acting like this because we are going to the mall?"

"Yes."

"I thought the girl was supposed to go crazy over going to the mall."

"Ugh. You're so stereotypical." He smiled. "I already picked out your outfit." He pointed to a red strapless cocktail dress and a pair of black heels.

"Alex, we're going to the mall not prom."

"That's too bad. You're wearing that."

"And what are you wearing?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out. Oh, and Jared is taking you there."

"Why?" I'm not complaining but, Jared can't drive and I haven't talked to him in forever and he just agreed to that? I seriously doubt it.

"Because you asked him to."

"I did no such thing."

"Yes you did."

"Whatever."

"Him and his mom will be here in an hour so hurry up and get ready. I'll see you there, sis." He kissed the top of my head and skipped happily out of the room.

I rolled my eyes absently and walked over to my outfit laid out on his computer chair.

Well, it's really cute actually. I smiled.

I lifted my left arm and gave myself a whiff. I definitely need a shower. I smell like hospital and sweat and it's just- it's gross. I snuck over to Alex's closet and pulled the right door open and yanked his towel down off of the hook. I then made my way over to the bathroom and started the water.

I tugged the basketball shorts off and pulled the T-shirt over my head. I turned around and jumped out of my skin.

"AUSTIN!"

His eyebrows rose.

He gasped and flailed his arms.