Chapter 4

Well that class was the worst one yet. Elise wasn't even paying attention to the teacher. She was just annoying me and Austin the whole time. I could tell he was annoyed because most of the time he was ignoring her. I guess he knew I was doing the same cause he looked at me through the corner of his eye and gave me a little smile. Most girls would probably be freaking out if he did that to them, but not me I just took it as he was just as tired of her as I was. I couldn't have been more excited to hear the bell in my entire life. But it kind of hurt that I would have to leave Austin so soon. Even if Elise was there. I just wish talking to him wasn't so complicated. The rest of the day went by in a blur. All I remember was seeing Austin everywhere I went. And crazy thing is I didn't mind it. When I got home I got a text from a number I didn't know.

'Hey. I know we've known each other since kindergarten and I've never said one word to you but, I need to tell you something. BTW it's Austin.'

Somebody must be pranking me. I'm probably on punk'd. But there's no cameras.

'Ummm..... hi' I replied.

'Oh sorry hey.'

'So what is it you want to tell me?'

'I changed my mind I need to tell you face to face. Are you busy?'

'No'

'Do you want to grab a cup of coffee and some doughnuts?'

'Sure where do you want to meet up?'

'How about Johnson's Bakery?'

'Down on 9th avenue?'

'Yea'

'Ok. I'll leave now. I'll see you in 20 minutes?'

'Ok see you there.'

Oh my god!!!!!! I was just texting him. Austin. I think I'm freaking out more than I should be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wow! 20 minutes later, there we were, at Johnson's bakery down on 9th avenue.

"Hey!" Austin said.

"Ummm.... hey." I replied.

The bakery was pretty empty. It was only the two workers, a middle aged woman who might've been a mom getting doughnuts for her kids, and Austin and I. Austin sat me down in a booth in the corner of the bakery. Then he left, went to the counter, bought some doughnuts and each of us a coffee.

In four minutes flat he was already back at our booth. He placed a sprinkled-strawberry frosted doughnut in front of me, along with a cup of hot coffee. I tasted it and immediately knew 8 creams and 12 sugars.

"This is perfect. how did you know?" I asked him.

"We've been going to school together since kindergarten. I'm bound to know something about you. Trust me, I've paid attention, you always thought I was a bad guy, which is probably why you didn't notice. Look, if I came off as a jerk to you I just want to tell you, I'm better than you think."

"How do I know you're not lying to try to put me into a trap, to humiliate me tomorrow?"

"You're going to have to get to know me. I hate to break it to you but, you're going to have to trust me."

"Ok." I simply replied. "It might be hard for me though. Keep that in mind. You're going to have to be patient. I don't trust people that easily. not since my dad."

"You know if you ever need to talk you can come to me." Austin said putting his hand over mine on the table. My heart skipped a beat.

No Alix. Don't let him do this! He's trying to get into your mind so that he can just break you. I thought to myself.
I pulled my hand out from under his and put it in my lap under the table.

"When you text me you said you needed to tell me something, was that it or is there something else?" I asked him, trying not to get hypnotized by his amazingly gorgeous green eyes.

"Actually I need to ask you something," he started. "Can you give me your opinion on where I should take a girl on our first date?"

Wow I really didn't expect that.

"Ummm..... I think the perfect first date would be going to see a movie of her choice then watching the sunset on the beach." I told him, gazing up at the ceiling fantasizing about us going on that date.

"Really?" he asked. by the looks of it, I wasn't the only one fantasizing. that's when I noticed Austin cracked the faintest smile.

"Yes." I replied smiling back.

"You know? You're not so bad. I'm starting to regret having not talked to you until now."

I laughed. "I knew you'd come around. No one, except Elise, can really hate me."

"Yea, about that..." Austin started.

"What?"

"Do you wanna be in on a little secret?"

"Sure"

"Elise doesn't hate you."

"What do you mean she doesn't hate me?"

"I mean she doesn't hate you, she only sees you as competition. Oh by the way, how about we keep this little get together to ourselves?"

"What about Jared?" I couldn't keep this from my best friend. If he ever found out he would be devastated.

"Ummm...... I don't think I want to take any chances." Austin replied.

"But Jared is my best friend. I can't not tell him about this. I swear he won't tell anyone he's a good secret keeper. And if he does, which he won't, both of us will deny it. Please please please?"

"Okay fine, but only Jared, got it?"

"Got it."

~~~~~~~~~~
I know that I haven't really been keeping up with my stories but in my defense I only got on at school Bc my parents didn't know about my account. I just got a 5th gen iPod for Christmas and this all was the first one I got. Which means that you guys will get a lot more out of me. Just don't lose hope. Try to get as many of your friends to read this story and my other one called 'where is he now?' please? I know it's about jb and not a lot of people like him anymore but the story is really good. or so I've been told.
Sooooo..... 10 votes and 15 more reads?
~Alexis<3