Chapter 9

Austin's POV

Whoa! I can't believe I just lied to her. how could I? I probably just ruined every chance I had with her. She means everything to me. Now if she ever finds out she's most likely never going to talk to me again. I just made to biggest mistake of my life.

Alix's POV

"You swear you're ok?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Good. I would hate to see you sad." I said peering up at him and smiling.

"You busy today?"

"Moms not home, my turtles tank is clean, and all of my chores are done so, no I'm not busy."

"Perfect."

"Why?"

"I realized we probably missed breakfast so I was wondering if you wanted to have lunch instead?"

"Yeah sure but where?"

"Where else?"

"I don't know that's why I asked."

"Olive Garden!!!"

"Ooooo Pasta!"

"I know right?"

"It's my favorite food." Austin said.

"Mine too!" I replied.

He just smiled at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing. I'm just realizing we actually have things in common."

"Oh." I replied.

"We'll I'm going to go and I'll be back in 2 hours, so that we both have time to get ready? If that's alright with you." Austin said.

"Yeah." I whispered looking at my feet as I followed him to the door.

I was looking up only enough to see him wrap his hand around my doorknob and pull the door open.

"I'll see you later." he told me staring me in the eyes.

Then he walked out of my door and down my driveway only looking back once to wave. Then he did something I didn't expect him to do. He ran all the way back up my driveway to my door and pulled me into his embrace. I hesitated before wrapping my arms around his torso but I did. I couldn't help myself. I've liked him for so long that I've always wondered what it was like to be wrapped in his arms. Now I know and I don't ever want to let go.

I watched as he walked down my driveway, made a right and walked 2 doors down, went up that driveway, opened the door, and stepped inside.

I ran up the stairs to my bedroom and grabbed my phone.

'You live two doors down?'

'Yea'

'Since when?'

'Since forever.'