Attention

Jimin knocked on the office door, patiently waiting for Yoongi to let him in.

"Come in," It sounded from the other side of the door, and so he did. Jimin opened the door and walked inside, but he was met by a wall. Yoongi didn't look up from his computer after Jimin had entered.

"Yoongi?" Jimin tried, hoping to get Yoongi's attention--but without much luck.

"What?" Yoongi answered, still not looking away from his computer.

"Can we talk?" Jimin asked. He felt the tears he had forced back earlier piling up in his eyes again.

"Not right now," Yoongi sighed, frustrated as if Jimin had interrupted him. Which honestly, if Jimin thought about it, he most likely had. But he really needed Yoongi right now, even if it meant putting the company to the side for just a minute.

"Please," Jimin silently pleaded, scared his voice would crack at this point. The tears had started falling. It was out of his power now.

"I'm busy," Yoongi mumbled while waving Jimin away with his hand, still not looking at him.

"Yoongi..." Jimin tried again. He knew he was being stubborn, but Yoongi had barely spoken to him in almost a month, and Jimin really needed some support right now. Even if Yoongi was busy.

A deep sigh left the other man's mouth as he rubbed his temples, irritated.

"Talk, Talk, Talk... Why do you always want to talk? Can't you see I'm busy?" He snapped, but still not looking at Jimin.

"I-I'm sorry," Jimin found himself tripping over his own words as Yoongi's reaction had left him as good as speechless.

"Yeah, you're always sorry. Just get out already and do your job for once!" Yoongi hissed, not even noticing that Jimin was crying. This was a new side to Yoongi, a side Jimin hadn't really known before.

This wasn't the warm person Jimin fell in love with... This person was cold.

Jimin bowed and left without saying anything else, scared he might just piss Yoongi off even more. He returned to his department, feeling like his heart had been ripped out. As he sat down at his desk again, he noticed that he was still crying. But weirdly enough, he didn't even feel sad anymore. He just felt numb. So, why was he crying?

The rest of the day went by slowly. But for some reason, Jimin didn't care. What did he have to go home to anyway? A big cold house, where the other person won't even look at him. For the first time ever, he dreaded going home. If he could even call it that. Home.

Jimin looked at his watch but didn't feel even a spark of excitement as he saw that the time had reached the end of his work day.

Slowly, he began packing his stuff, watching as Namjoon left. Then Taehyung left and lastly Jungkook. Leaving Jimin and Hoseok together alone.

"Have you thought about it?" Hoseok asked as he walked over to Jimin's desk.

"What?" Jimin asked disinterestedly. At this point, he just wanted Hoseok to mind his own business.

"Quitting this job," He clarified. Clearly referring to their conversation earlier.

"Oh? So you just want me to quit and not kill myself?" Jimin smiled sarcastically before rolling his eyes and standing up, ready to leave.

"Fuck you. No one likes you," Hoseok snarled angrily as he deliberately walked into Jimin as he left the room.

Jimin shook his head. He was not going to let Hoseok bother him anymore. He walked outside, turning off the light in the room, before leaving, and headed towards Yoongi's office. As he waited outside the office, he tried to cheer up, as he wanted to make up for interrupting Yoongi earlier.

Finally, the door opened, and out came Yoongi. Seeing the other man made Jimin's heart pound in his chest. He felt genuine happiness again.

"Hi," Jimin greeted with a smile, going in for a hug. Yoongi was the only one who made him feel...anything.

"Not right now," Yoongi sighed as he pushed past Jimin and began walking away. His eyes, once again, did not meet Jimin's.

Oh.

Confused and slightly hurt, Jimin followed after Yoongi, trying to think of topics they could talk about.

"Do you want to do something later?" Jimin suggested. To be completely honest, Jimin felt like he was slowly going insane. He was so desperate for Yoongi's attention at this point.

"Later, I'm tired right now," Yoongi answered. It was the same sentence he had told Jimin repeatedly over the last month as if he was a robot who could only say the same three sentences.

It was always later, never now. And Jimin wondered if this numb feeling would take over and cause him to leave earlier.