Honesty

The car ride home was silent—something Jimin had gotten used to at this point. Though this time, Jimin was the one keeping quiet, even as Yoongi attempted to small-talk.

He wanted to answer, wanted to engage in the conversation Yoongi was attempting to create, but he was too distracted. His mind constantly replayed the incident that had happened earlier in the day with Hoseok. Jimin was thinking through every scenario possible, trying to come up with an answer as to why Hoseok had done it. He had even thought about it so much that part of him was beginning to believe that it might've been his fault, just like Hoseok had said.

"Is something bothering you? You've been quiet since earlier..." Jimin could hear the caution in Yoongi's voice as he asked the question, and he hated himself for overthinking so much that it affected Yoongi.

"No," Jimin spoke, with no energy to make up a lie.

"I'm sorry if it's because of what happened in my office earlier. If you regret doing it or perhaps felt forced or obligated." Jimin snapped out of his daze, turning his head towards Yoongi in an instant. Yoongi's eyes were still on the road, but Jimin could tell the other man was moments away from breaking.

"No!" Jimin exclaimed, sad that Yoongi had even thought so. "I, in no way, regret it, nor did I feel forced! I wanted to, and I liked it!" Jimin reassured as he let his left hand rest on Yoongi's thigh, hoping the physical touch would help comfort the other man.

"Then why are you acting so weird?" Yoongi bit his lip nervously, and Jimin loathed himself for making Yoongi feel self-conscious about something that had actually been Jimin's idea.

"I'm just a bit tired after not sleeping last night, but I promise, that's all it is. So don't think it has anything to do with you, because it doesn't. If anything, you are the one who gets me through the day," Jimin squeezed Yoongi's thigh, hoping the desperation in his voice transferred to his touch. Of course, he was still lying, part of him still wanting to protect Hoseok. Jimin still could just be overreacting, and that's why he felt it might be a mistake to tell the truth. Because if Jimin really had misunderstood the situation, then he wouldn't want to throw Hoseok under the bus—if Hoseok had barely done anything wrong.

"I believe you," Yoongi smiled as he quickly glimpsed over at Jimin before looking back at the road. Jimin felt relieved and happy to have avoided a potential conflict that ultimately would've been his fault.

"But," Yoongi spoke, catching Jimin off-guard as he had already thought the conversation was over. "I still think we should sit down and have a talk when we get home. I think we need to work on communicating better." Jimin understood where Yoongi was coming from. He had, after all, made Yoongi worry by leaving without saying something.

"I think that would be good," Jimin smiled. He wanted to hear Yoongi's side of the situation as well—since part of him still pondered about why Yoongi had ignored him all day after the meeting.

Yoongi pulled up in the driveway to the house, parking it in his garage. Jimin jumped out, heading inside with Yoongi right on his heels. He didn't know when this talk would take place - when Yoongi had envisioned it? Would it be after dinner, perhaps even during? Jimin pushed his shoes off, kicking them to the side while Yoongi carefully placed his own shoes on the white wooden shoe rack. Luckily, Yoongi hadn't commented on Jimin being a bit messy, so he kept to his old habits, not giving where the shoes landed much thought.

"I thought, maybe we should talk after dinner?" Yoongi spoke as if he had read Jimin's mind. Jimin nodded in response, seeing no problem in waiting.

"Okay then, I'll go make dinner now. I'll come get you when it's done," Yoongi smiled, turning to walk towards the kitchen. Jimin wanted to help Yoongi with the cooking, but he also recognized that he was a terrible cook and that he would probably just be in the way.