A Cold February Night

Jimin rubbed his eyes as the annoying sound of this alarm filled the otherwise noiseless apartment. He grabbed hold of the phone, turning off the alarm and enjoying the quiet, until he remembered the date. 17th. Today was the day, he had to leave his apartment. He sat up, already feeling sweat form in the palm of his hands. He had spent all of yesterday, trying to forget what was happening today, but now the morning had come, he could not avoid the reality anymore. He had to get ready. The letter hadn't specified a time, but Jimin figured that there was some unspoken rule, where you just had to leave as soon as possible. There was no point in dragging it any further anyway. He swung his legs off the side of the bed, a chill running up his spine as his bare feet came into contact with the cold wooden floor. The clothes from yesterday were sprawled out on the floor, and he saw no point in finding new fresh clothes, so he chose to put the old clothes on again. He went to find some bags so he could pack the most essential of his belongings--since he would be traveling on foot, he thought it smartest to pack as light as possible. And even if he did have a place to go, he couldn't take any of the big furniture since it belonged to the apartment and landlord. Jimin thought that clothes and a blanket would suffice, and so that's what he settled on. Before leaving he went to the kitchen, he had some leftover milk and cereal which he wolfed down before picking up his packed things and heading for the door. He put on his jacket and shoes, key in hand. "Goodbye apartment" he sighed, looking back at what used to be his old apartment one last time. He closed the door and locked it, he felt sad and empty, it was almost surreal how he had gone from having a home to being homeless in a blink of an eye. Where would he feel safe now, where would he hide? Where would he eat cereal with milk? The latter thought made Jimin let out a light chuckle, why was that one of his biggest concerns?Jimin shrugged, knowing he had to get moving, and so he went over to his landlord's apartment. Which to his advantage, was only three blocks away.

-------------

Jimin reached the apartment, and once again he realized that this was happening, this was his life now. He positioned himself at the doorstep, dreading what he was about to do, but at last, it had to be done. Jimin knocked on the door and before his hand had even left the door, it flung open revealing him. The landlord."Hello, Kim Seokjin," Jimin politely spoke, doing a small bow."Jimin... Hello, I'm sorry it had to come to this" he said with an apologetic look. Jimin could see in Seokjins eyes, that he was being sincere."Don't worry it's my fault, I just came here to give back the key to the apartment," Jimin felt uneasy handing the key over, this would be the final step. "Oh, I see," Seokjin said as he grabbed the key from Jimin's hand while giving a small smile.With nothing left to say, Jimin spoke again. "Right, I'll get going then," he wanted to be respectful, but it pained him to stay there, knowing what he had now was officially gone, a part of the past. Wanting to get moving, Jimin decided to just get out of this situation as fast as possible, and just as he was about to walk away."Park Jimin"Jimin's body stopped, his heart almost following suit. Was he in trouble? Had he unknowingly been disrespectful and angered his landlord? Was he about to get scolded? Thoughts racing through his head, heart speeding up, Jimin slowly started to turn back around. He looked up at the tall, broad-shouldered man--suddenly feeling incredibly small."Do you want to come inside? I made Sundubu Jjigae" the man asked catching Jimin completely off guard. Jimin could tell Seokjin felt bad for him, but pity didn't feel all that good right now. Then again Seokjin could just be worrying about him, and Jimin also hadn't had a real meal in a long time, so maybe just a small portion? No, Jimin didn't want to bother his landlord anymore."Thank you for the kind offer, but I'm not hungry, I'm sorry," Jimin ended up answering. Feeling bad for having rejected the gesture, Jimin once again did a small bow, hoping Seokjin wouldn't take it the wrong way."Alright, well I hope you'll have a good day then," Seokjin spoke before closing his door. Jimin felt stupid, he should've said yes.

-------------------------------

The darkness had taken over the streets and the air was cold, almost crispy. Jimin had wrapped himself in the blanket he had brought with him, but it wasn't enough to keep the February cold out. Busan might be pretty, Jimin thought, but right now it was too cold for his liking. All Jimin wanted was to just snuggle up in his bed, feeling the warmth envelop him--who knew a bed could be missed this much? After walking some more, Jimin decided to sit down and take a small break. It had become nighttime, and he was feeling the fatigue of walking aimlessly around all day. He found a spot under a street light, hoping that the light would give off some additional heat--it did not. Yet, somehow Jimin felt his eyelids getting heavier. He had thought he would be unable to fall asleep on the street, but his body didn't seem to mind as he started to doze off. Maybe his tiredness was a result of how mentally draining the last couple of days had been, nevertheless, he was soon gone."Hey!" Jimin's eyes quickly flung wide open, still in a sleepy daze, he had a hard time figuring out what was happening. Only when he noticed an elder woman standing in front of him, looking very unpleased, the haze slowly lifted. "Me?" Jimin pointed at himself flustered."Who else?! Why are you sleeping on my street!? Get back to the slum area!" She yelled, trying to look big and intimidating, which she succeeded at. Despite Jimin's eyes still having trouble completely focusing, she scared him. Jimin sprung to his feet, brushing himself off before bowing, wanting to show her he wasn't trying to do anything disrespectful."I'm so sorry to cause you trouble" Jimin apologized, not hesitating to pick his stuff up off the ground where he had lain only seconds before."Are you playing smart right now?!" She yelled, lifting her hand into a hitting position. "No! Of course not! I am so sorry, I will leave now, don't worry, I'm sorry!" Jimin bowed again, not knowing how to handle the situation, he just knew that he had to leave."Are you yelling at me?!" She yelled, her eyebrows almost leaving her forehead. "No, I-" Jimin didn't get to say much more before her hand struck his face."You rascal! I am older than you, treat me with respect! You don't even have a home, you're just a dirty homeless boy!" She yelled, walking off, stomping the ground as she did.Jimin held his cheek--it stung. Never in his life had he been hit before, never in his life had he thought he would get hit and certainly not by an old woman. completely confounded Jimin tried to figure out what and where this 'slum area' was located but he had no clue, so he just started walking into the dark unknown, until his body unwillingly dropped to the ground.

--------------------------------

"Is he dead?" "Maybe" "I've never seen him here before" "Do we call the police?"Jimin felt himself come to his senses, hearing the faint sound of voices around him while the sun shone through his eyelids. Then he remembered yesterday and his eyes fluttered open."Shhh, he's awake" A woman whispered to her friend.First now had Jimin realised that he was in the middle of a whole crowd all standing crouched around him. He felt the huge mass of people all staring down at him trigger his anxiety--what happened?

-------------------------------------Yoongi was on his way to this small shop where he met a cute guy, twice. He had the ugliest green jacket, and a weird obsession with milk, but something about him had intrigued Yoongi nonetheless. While walking, he caught something out of the corner of his eye. A huge mass of people had seemed to gather, circling something. Yoongi was just gonna mind his own business because he was known for being too nosy, but at last, his curiosity got the best of him--just like everyone said. He made a, as subtle as possible, u-turn and walked over to the gathering of people. He needed to know--what happened?