Boyfriends

Silence.

Jimin was sitting in a chair looking at Yoongi, who sat opposite him. They had gone to Yoongi's office, short after Yoongi had overheard Jimin and Hoseok's conversation. Yoongi gazed at Jimin, who tried not to make eye contact. Jimin was mortified that Yoongi had overheard his secret dream.

"Jimin," Yoongi spoke, his voice calm and steady. Jimin looked up, finally meeting the other man's eyes. He felt vulnerable as Yoongi stared into his soul.

"Yoongi, it's not what you think," Jimin tried, but Yoongi's expression didn't change. Jimin couldn't tell if Yoongi was angry, happy, or anything in-between.

"Jimin, I am not mad at you, if that's what you think," Yoongi's face softened, and Jimin felt the lump in his throat dissipate. However, Jimin still felt nervous, not knowing what Yoongi was going to say next, and as always, Jimin's anxiety led to a painful ramble.

"I know it's wrong to dream such disrespectful dreams, especially since we're not even in a relationship yet... Not that we will be in a relationship, because it's totally understandable if you wouldn't want to be in one. Not to say that I don't want that, because I do, but not in a desperate way. Like I wouldn't force you. Obviously, I know you have boundaries, and I totally understand if you're not ready to be my boyfriend. Wow okay, that sounds weird... Boyfriend. Not in a bad way, like it's not that I don't want to be called your boyfriend, but like I respect that you probably wouldn't want to be my boyfriend, even though you like me. Not that I think you're obsessed with me, maybe you like me less romantically? What am I even saying? Anyways, I'm just trying to say that I will be totally fine with whatever, maybe not whatever, but definitely most things. Not to say I would reject--"

"Park Jimin, will you be my boyfriend" Yoongi interrupted Jimin, who had been digging himself into a deep hole by now.

Jimin.exe stopped working

Jimin had no words left, contrary to two seconds ago when he had spilled his guts.

"What?" Jimin asked, completely in disbelief.

"You are clearly wondering what we are, so let me tell you," a smile crept upon Yoongi's lips, "boyfriends," he established once and for all. Jimin wanted to cry, wanted to laugh, every emotion coursing through his body.

"Boyfriends," Jimin mumbled the word to himself. It felt good to say, especially as it meant he and Yoongi were officially together. Did this mean he could kiss Yoongi? Or was that too fast? They had already kissed once, but it had been fast and impulsive, without Jimin being ready.

"What's are you thinking about?" Yoongi asked, wondering. He could tell Jimin's head was spinning with thoughts.

"Many things... But mostly, I'm just curious about if I can kiss you now," Jimin blurted out. Jimin's hands quickly covered his mouth as if that would make what he just said disappear.

"Well, it's gonna be hard for me to kiss you when your hands are in front of your mouth," Yoongi smirked, getting up from his chair and walking around his desk. When Yoongi reached Jimin, he lowered his head slightly, searching Jimin's eyes for consent.

Without a second thought, Jimin felt himself nod in approval.

And with permission, Yoongi connected their lips. Jimin's heart began beating louder, and he feared Yoongi would hear it.

The kiss was gentle, their lips barely touching, Jimin could feel his desire for the other man grow, and instinctively he pressed in, wanting to feel more of Yoongi. Jimin could feel Yoongi being surprised by Jimin's sudden move, but he quickly went along with it.